1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend's married life in problems.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kutty0216, Aug 13, 2013.

1. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi

I need all your suggestions in my friend's married life.

1. She was married in Dec'12. Its a love marriage. Both work for the same company and knows each other for more than 5 years. She is a christian and he is a hindu. My friend's father passed away when she was too young and her mother is not educated. The boy's parents did not agree for the marriage first and after that they have put on so many conditions. Like, she should leave everyone and come. No one should ever visit her and all that. After all this they got married and then everything seemed to be going on well.

2. Within a month of marriage, my friend got to know that their was some affair between her husband and another girl. There were so many complaints on him that he got suspended for a while. My friend told her MIL and BIL about this. And day by day the issue was getting bigger. My friend got conceived in March. Even then he continued affair with that girl, but was making so many false promises to my friend. She could not tolerate that and started tracking all his mails and phones. She caught him red handedly and everyone were on her side. my friend, her MIL and BIL even went to that girls house and gave warning.

3. Her MIL is a money minded person. My friend should give her salary completely to her. She sent my friend to her mom's place saying that its is ashada masam, so u stay there for a month..Within this one month, her husband started creating problems. He told that my friend is having so many affairs and even before marriage she is having it. He has turned all his family members on to his side. He created all stories in such a way, that everyone is telling her to resign her job. Her MIL was using very bad words. She told strictly that if you resign the job only come home otherwise don't come. She is in her 6th month now and nobody is even caring about that.

4. My friend doesn't want to resign her job, as she knows that they are going to house arrest and torture her mentally.

She has waited so long and left all of her family members and married him. But now he is giving her the torture of her life. What should she do now? Please pour in your valuable suggestions.

2. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Let her divorce him and be free. Feel sorry for her. Leaving her job in this situation is not intelligent because she will lose her independence and have to take more torture. Job is the only thing that is in favor of her right now.

2 people like this.
  3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

She ignored all possible red signals.Didn't she see a big alert when they forced her to leave her parents and relatives.For what?And she went to have a baby too?It is better she leaves that sick guy or file a cheating case with evidence.

1 person likes this.
  4. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

OP

If Both work in same company and known each others for 5 years, what was the understanding between the both there?.... may be it would not be a mental love then.....it should be more for a physical attachment, and once its over, he is searching for other physical attachment.....(this is what I could understand from your post above)

In such case, its better to leave and kick him out of her family way is the best decision to be taken before things goes worse....

2mycents

1 person likes this.
  5. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Nirmala, She is even thinking of that. But the only concern she has is abt her mother. she is the only daughter. And also my friend is so depressed right now that is confused of what to do.

Bhuvndhi, what you told is right. He was actually trying to postpone the marriage and all, but my frnd was stubborn that if they want to marry, then it shld be done soon, as she was already 31yrs old. Regarding baby, she didn't even have a clue about that. She was still asking doubts abt how the IC would happen..she told she never felt anything. I told her to give a complaint in WPC.

6. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Swamy, My frnd loved him so deeply and madly. She came to US last year for 2 months on work assignment, thats when he started looking at the other girl. He was so clever that he didn't let my frnd get any doubts. I think its not physical attraction because he did not show any interest in my frnd soon after marriage. He is playing a mind game now.

As no one is there for her now, she is taking suggestions from my parents and another friend's parents. I just thought that I could get some good suggestions over here and posted it. Thank you.

7. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

As you have written even after getting caught red handed he still continues to have affair so i dont think he is the kind of person who will come back to your friend, moreover MIL is moneyminded so its better for your friend to divorce this person, continue with the job and raise the baby with her mom.

but my doubt is how could she love that person blindly for 5yrs where they were meeting every day in office???? how could she miss any/every redflag for 5 long years????

8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

This is bit a off topic but i many of us suggest posters here to go against family members and marry their love.But see the risk now this girl dont have support from H's side neither from her parents side.

Coming to the topic professional marriage counseling might work as a last shot to the marriage.This is i am suggesting because she is pregnant and its not going to be easy to separate now.She seems totally trapped.
    So many wrong decisions.Marrying a wrong person,in wrong family,cutting ties with her parents,getting pregnant shortly after that.Atlist she should have waited for 2 years to stabilize her relationship with her H and others in his family.

2 people like this.
  9. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

I know this must hurt a lot...but be brave...let go...and move on. Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

As Iamagoodgirl says, even I feel counseling may work. Leaving her job is NOT at all advisable. Are they trying to treat her like a slave? Dont ask your friend to leave her job at any cost. Be supportive to her.