1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends come and go, but true friends leave footprints in your heart.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 3, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest. It’s about who came, and never left your side.. ♥

In life people come and go , they become so close but at times due to unavoidable circumstances they have to leave the place and everyone start missing them. Though we miss the old friends we become friendly with the new friends and they also become close , like this life goes on. Noone is permanent in one place.

Here in IL also we had so many great writers, experts in jewellery , crafts making, creative etc but at present so many are missing. Most of them have been close to me and some are in touch also and I have met also some of them. Earlier I was writing only in snippets but now after my cateract operation I have also started making jewellery etc and there are newcomers who are also experts in jewellery making. I am glad that through different forums I have been able to come close to so many people. They encourage me so much that I enjoy being here and everyday when I get Notifications feel so happy . The nominations of my threads I feel so surprised when it is by someone with whom I am not in much touch and the awards I got for my threads in snippets are also from new ILites.

It really makes us sit up and think about that, especially in this modern age of fast moving world, so many Facebook friendhsip and through other sources. Though we have so many friends through different sources we still cherish the memories of a meaningful conversation with an old school or college or office friend. The simple joy it brings to our heart

In September I have completed 8 years in IL and enjoyed myself being in IL and have learnt so many things from the youngsters

Someone has written these beautiful words. It’s a must read. Try to
    understand the deeper meaning.
    They are like the ten commandments to follow in life all of the time!
    ~~~~~~~~~

1] Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble,
    but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout
    the journey.
    2] So why is a Car’s WINDSHIELD so large & the Rear View Mirror so
    small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, Look
    Ahead and Move on.
    3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few minutes to burn, but it
    takes years to write.
    4] All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they
    will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last
    long either.
    5] Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a
    Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always
    need a Base of Gold!
    6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from
    above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
    7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities;
    when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
    8] A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than
    losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
    9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and
    sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has
    prayed for you.
    10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away
    today’s PEACE.

9 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Your snippet is very much thought provoking.True friendship makes an everlasting impression.We can share many things which we can't reveal to our sisters and parents too.I like your 10 thought provoking commandments.
    In school and college days we had lot of friends, lot of things to share. As we got married we lost touch with old friends and got connected to new friends.
    In my experience I feel that real friendship can exist amidst a small circle only -.We can share all our emotions without filtering only with them. Others we talk freely, exchange views,share photos, keep constant touch; but that sense of intimacy does not seem to exist.

" Tell me your friend, I will tell you who you are" was a quotable quote those days. Now that proverb itself has become unrealistic.

Friendship between a boy and girl may even prove to be very harmful especially to women.Modern boys and girls are very careful but sometimes caught in trouble .
    Now every one has hundreds of faceless friends through electronic devices,but never keep intimacy. Office atmosphere has changed. Everyone works in cubicles.Sometimes one would not have met his boss for three years.
    Intimacy is reduced a lot.Somebody losing the job, some one continuing, enmity and jealousy are the resultant products.

[h=1]A True Friend Will Tell You Unpleasant Truths[/h]

Over 3,000 years ago, King Solomon wrote “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.” Telling your friends something they really don’t want to hear, like warning them about a relationship, takes courage. It says that you care about the person even more than you value the friendship.
    If you want to be a faithful friend by speaking your concerns out loud, how you deliver the message may be the difference between a broken and a deepened friendship. There is a very fine line between saying you are concerned and saying you judge your friend’s decision. Let him (or her) know that no matter what he may decide, you will always be in his corner. Remember that you can be consistently supportive of a person without agreeing with his decisions.

What a gift to have a friend who cares enough about you to risk the friendship!

That is real friendship.

In a day when “friendships” come and go as easily as choosing a Facebook status, true friends are hard to find. What a gift to have a friend who will risk telling you the truth to your face instead of chattering behind your back.
    Honestly speaking I don't have any friend of the above calibre capable of giving really valuable advices in times of crisis.
    I depend only on my judgement.There are hundreds of people to pass judgements and ideas;but ultimately nothing works out.We have to rely on our ownselves.'This is my personal opinion about 'friendship' in today's fast world.

jayasala 42

5 people like this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

vijima, your ten commandments are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

yes maam u r so true. even i have so many friends but only few r worth counting. i personally dont like FB and all as these r not so real i feel . they post only what is good and best as per them.
    i personally believe in freindship in which we can come chat, laugh, work, have fun together and then off to respective home. i like doing everything in personal then in virtual. and thank god i have few such friends and i feel lucky for it.
    here in IL also i find people genuinely helping each other and making them relax and bring back to life.
    i liked ur first commandment a lot :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42 - maam from where u get all this information. i really appreciate your knowledge and experience.
    it will take a lot BIG time for me to reach there.
    but i believe that sometime ignorance is bliss ideasmiley

1 person likes this.
  6. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Aunty,

The 10 commandments are really inspiring..Whoever wrote that has really made me think about those. Thank you aunty for sharing such a wonderful message to us.mademydaysmiley

1 person likes this.
  7. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma, I love all ten commandments. But fourth and sixth commandments are the ones I often say to myself.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow I thought no response to ths thread of mine and thought simply why I wrote . @Jayasala dear thanks for making th eboni and glad to get from others also, YOu all made my day. will write to you all individually later as I just shifted to a new house on 4th and busy with arranging everything

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Good one Vijima. Enjoyed reading your lovely post with quotes.

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Meeting school friends is real fun. I had the opportunity to meet one, speak over phone to two others in the past year. One of them called me from nowhere telling that he was coming to Orlando and would like to visit me. I went to Orlando to pick him up and he and his wife stayed with us for a night and returned next morning. I also have a friend who is a retired Surgeon and was my classmate in 10th and 11th grade. He also called me and spoke to me for a long time. The last one was a big surprise as we studied in the school as well as did Pre-University together. I lost complete track of him. Suddenly, one fine day he called me and introduced himself with his name and told me that my Surgeon friend gave my phone number to him. We talked about the past so much and promised to meet each other either in Chennai or in the US again.

Viswa

1 person likes this.