1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend-Snatchers ????

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Nitha J, Oct 19, 2012.

1. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I was always there if she needed me. If she called & vented about anything I listened & told her what I thought abt the situation. I never ended our friendship and never thought she was using me. I never thought about giving back to her as I truely care for her & can never dream of hurting her knowingly.But thats the way I think, I never think of giving it back to anyone in my life. I believe that all our karmas are with us & who am I to punish someone for what they choose to do, life is enough to do that.

In my friend's case I don't think she realized how neglected I felt when she became so close to another friend.Eventually their friendship didn't last ( for what ever reason ) and we are still good friends.

2 people like this.
  2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

i dont think its wrong..as said by some poster, i think if the wavelength between the other two matches then let it be..i have a friend was my 1st acquaintance in a city B..she was someone from my place but we hardly met once in 10-15 days staying in the same street.she dint have kids as of then whereas i had one.now this lady has another friend who is her husband's colleague's wife who stays 2 streets away and has a kid who is arnd my kid's age group..we were introduced in a party first time and we got along very well..we met up once/twice in a week even though we were staying a bit far..this may be because of two reasons:
    1. our wavelength matches..like when we talk over phone or in person we have so many things in common to talk/share whereas the first friend never used to talk..she would say hi, bye and end the conversation on phone.
    2. our kids were together..they played and enjoyed each other's company..they wanted to meet up freq and so we moms also met..in case of the first friend, she dint have kids and now that she has a kid, since her daughter is very small and my DD arnd 3 yrs, they can hardly play..
    So i dont feel its really wrong...

2 people like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It happens. Happened to me once. This boy, used to be my childhood friend, and we used to share almost everything since childhood. He even knows my love with my husband those days (before marriage) and he was the one who convinced my parents for my love.

Meanwhile, there was a girl, who lost her first love for some reasons, happened to be my good friend at office. I wanted this girl to be in our circle, yet introduced her to my best male friend. We three become good friends for some times, and then I smelled something fishy in their relationship. Yes, I was right.. and they were in love without my knowledge. Here, I felt so disappointed, and upset. Although he was not my boy friend type, but could not bear the fact that he wasn't sharing everything with me after the arrival of this girl.

Although they didn't sideline me, I started moving away from them literally. After sometimes, I learnt to understand their feelings, and respected them as couple, and become "their" friend instead of having individual friendship with them separately.

Their love didn't work out well, yet they are married to two diff persons now, with kids too. My friendship with the two remains the same still. Although they are not gelling good now. Bottom line - Although it is not right to have this much attachment, possessiveness and expectation from a friend, it hurts when someone new come in between. After all, we all are emotional beings na?

2 people like this.
  4. gopinath

gopinath Silver IL'ite

now friend snatcher next husband snatchers????

1 person likes this.
  5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Husband snatchers is already there :)) Just go to movie section of this forum :))-

6. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

I was attracted to this thread by the title - Friend-Snatcher....hmmm...sounds interesting...read few anecdotes of "friend-snatching" experiences of few ILites....well my opinion is just this: Friendship is not bound by a contract or bond , it is just bound by love...if the love is true, no matter whoever comes in between, the friendship stays rock solid and survives any crisis, even a friend-snatcher.

Also, being a friend is not just about being together, but it is also about understanding each other, being matured enough to accept the changes it goes through time, giving the space for each other etc etc.....if friendships don't last forever, maybe that was its destiny. That will not stop us from making new friends and move on with life. We must learn to be happy for the friends we have had , we are having and we gonna have...every friendship is valuable, if it is not lasting long, keep the memories of that friendship long-lasting.. Friends can come and go, but "true friends" once they come, they never go...this we will realise with time & various experiences in our lives with various friends.

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Nitha oh you are here with nice topics ahhha:)

Interesting and lot of info dear....good :thumbsup

8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    the 1st time i had a friend snatched i was still in school...........my friend totally cut off from me & it did hurt like anything.in school friends are everything your tiffin eating mate,staying for you late in school mate,walking home together mate & so on........still nothing could be done & i made new friends .

then later in college my best friend grew more close to our casual friend because i had shifted away from the locality where we all lived together & she needed the casual friend to walk to & fro from college. i had another casual friend & increased my intimacy to this friend.........best thing i did. my so called best friend stayed friends with me,her new best friend & rest of the gang till college & me still have that casual friend as best friend after 15 yrs .

Now,i have few friends who will not come into category of best friends so getting those snatched doen't matter.my last best friend shifted to her own country ............i miss her,i call her & someone is yet to fill her place...........

9. mallikaah

mallikaah Bronze IL'ite

I have seen this too.. when someone introduces a frnd they expect the new person to be less important that self. So any closeness is generally not taken in a lighter way!

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hmm, everyone has a level of comfortability that varies with different people. If 2 people that I introduced became good buddies, I would be happy. May be the friend did not have that comfort zone with me and (s)he found the person of their wavelength?

What is there to snatch when it was not yours in the first place.

1 person likes this.