1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

fresh things in India

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by cool100, Jun 23, 2007.

1. cool100

cool100 New IL'ite

First of all a big hellow to all my friends

I moved to India from US last month and thank u all for ur good wishes (especially telugu elites). Now friends I have a problem and need your help. When we were in Virgina, we got used to all fresh vegetables, frozen (veg), juices (especially orange juice). Now after coming here we are unable to eat the vegetables (rotten and dirt over it) and we could not get the juices with the same taste. Can anyone tell me where in Hyderabad can I find vegetables and juices (as I used to get there) Please tell me because I have a 3 yrs old son and he is not having any things from here all the time asking for those foods only. I will be very much thankful if u help me in this

Awaiting your reply............................

Cool.

2. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

HI
    you r welcome in India. Well I don't know wat u were getting in Virginia & of wat standard. In India u can try stores like Subhiksha or reliance fresh. I think they hv branchs in hyderabad. I can understand wat u must be feeling like coming to india where u might not get that type of stuff easily but times changing & I tell u, ur son will soon start liking things in Indian shtyle.

take care
    Soha

2 people like this.
  3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Soha,

Although I lived for a short time in Hyderabad, I found the Farmer's Market or Rythu Bazaar's to be good. They are typical Indian bazaars with the hustle and bustle, but you get fresh produce. There is one in Mehdipatnam which I visited often. Apart from that, I heard from some of my friends in Hyd that Fresh@ shops carry fresh stock.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

4. Prema

Prema New IL'ite

Hi...

I have been living in Hyd for the past 8 yrs and in the recent 1-2 yrsi hv seen phenominal change here. There is nothing you cant get here. You want those typical NRI stuff you can visist Food Bazar in Hyderabad Central or go "my Dollar Shop" which is in City Centre, Banjara Hills or in Abids Big Bazaar complex. Apart from this you can get very fresh veggies in rythu bazars.... one is there in Erragadda. Specially on saturday/Sunday early hours. With due respect...a simple suggestion, dont get used to canned or frozen stuff. you might have problems later.

Hope your queiries have been answered to some extent.

Takecare,
    Prema

5 people like this.
  5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hello there Cool

let me tell you something... the vegetables you get in USA look fresh... BUT have you ever thought about that these vegetables mite be artificially prepared... yes its true, all the vegetables are artificially prepared. Its only in India, that you get fresh vegetables... Fresh Milk too... not the ones in plastic containers..... and about juices... if you are having so much of problem regarding the taste of the juices, then my suggestion wud be you make your own juices at home, you must be having a Juicer, buy the fruits and make juices... there is nothing like Fresh juice...

India has got everything, and better than what USA has... you just gotta appreciate it...

~Abha