1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh Jasmine Flowers available for shipping??

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by auserid8, Jul 31, 2009.

1. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

One of my friends is having her Baby shower,she wanted Jasmine flowers for the same.As we wont be able to go buy from the temples in NY/NJ,I was wondering if you have come across anyone who ships fresh Jasmine flowers.Please let me know.

Regards
    Vanitha

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Are you familiar with NJ places?

In Rt.27, there is a thai restuarant called Aroma Thai. Back of that building is a Indian Video Store, that is also shared by another small store that sell all pooja items, plaintain leaves and fresh flowers. You can get there for sure.

Another place is South India Specialities - SAS - there are in the road next to OakTree Plaza (The one that has swagath and unlimited DVD), if you keep going to the end, there is a warehouse kinda place to the right. They are sharing a store space there. She has fresh flowers too.

Good luck !!

3. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks Nandshyam.
    Yes I am familiar with places in NJ(atleast on Oak tree Road as I used to stay there) .
    South Indian Stores - is it still operative? I thought aunty was taking only bulk orders and you need to call up before going there. The shop in Rt 27,I am not aware.Can you give me contact numbers of the same. I can call up to ask if they ship flowers like that.

4. Nandshyam

Nope, I don't hv any contact numbers. You got to go in person, as far as I know not sure if they would ship - Wouldn't the freshness get spoiled that way?

Yes SAS is moved from raaga complex, but aunty is still operating for her regular customers.

5. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hmm. I got her number from the net.I have left her a voice message - need to see if I get a response.
    The reason we need it shipped is - there is no one to go pick it up.It doesnt make sense it buy it before 10 days also na.. So.. :)

6. Nandshyam

hmmm.. no one to pick it up on the day of the event.. that's sad..

Good luck !!

7. NirajaJayabal

NirajaJayabal New IL'ite

thanks for the info. firsttime hearing this, i live in NJ. i do get jasmine strings from Bridgewater temple for $3.
    just curious to know how much do these stores sell for???