1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent Fever

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Jannane, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jannane

Jannane Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    My LO is 16mths old....For the past 7months (every mth) she is getting fever.....So I am giving crocin regularly as per pedi advice......My question is "over dose is injurious to liver" is their bottle cover solgan....So I am little bit worried abt it since I am giving her every month......My pedi says nothing harm in it.....but I want to know wheter she will have any probs in future.....and having fever every mth is ok...?

Does any moms faced my problem????

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Jannane,

A 16 month old getting fever every month is something I have not heard of. Not to scare you, but I think you should get your LO checked properly. May be a blood test or stool test.

Other Ilitest might be able to give you more advice on this one.

I can say a few things to increase general resistance:

1. Give her warm milk with turmeric powder regularly. Turmeric powder is a natural antibiotic.
    2. Take measures like not letting her play in water too long, wearing warm socks all the time (if you are living in a cold place)
    3. Giving herbal remedies like kumkuma poo(in Tamil) in milk, sitharathai (in Tamil). These give general body resistance and are known to be effective.
    4. Every week, boil water with freshly ginger piece, add panagalkandu (in Tamil) and give it. It is very good to control fever.

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

until 2 yrs it's very common for kids getting cold & fever. maybe she is getting fever due to teething.