1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent cold, cough and fever.....pls read.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by oysterzzz, Dec 3, 2013.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

my kid is 3yrs old.from the time we shifted to blore, my kid is suffering from cold n cough and if both r very high she gets fever.i dont see any way. tried almost all the medicines in allopathy. thinking about homeo but heard from others that even that wont help, especially in blore. doctors say, the problem will disappear slowly along with her age. i am giving her cough syrup or cold syrup EVERY DAY before going to school. her teachers were shocked to hear this. just last week she got away from fever due to cold.now again she got fever. a fever twice in a month and coughing for more than 3months......how much can a 3yr old take???
    we went to our hometown in andhra and there she was well. she even ate sweets. here in blore, i am even scared to give her milk. have also tried many home remedies, but still no use. every day i boil water with tulasi, cinnamon, pepper, cloves and give her. she drinks it but still i dont see any change. now i have begun giving her chyawanprash. my hopes r all drained. i only and only worry about her, even while cooking. i dont expect any answer that would give me a miracle but just felt like sharing my pain somewhere in the internet. tried almost all the medicines, prayed every god and dont know what i am left with and what i am supposed to do.......pls god help me and cure my kid soon.

2. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

dont worry.. kids do develop immunity as they grow up..

she has been checked for primary complex, adenoids etc..because of adenoids also u may get frequent cold, coughs and fever.

homeopathy medicines are better than allopathy as it doesnt have any side effects..

dnt worry.. she will be fine as she grows..

3. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

hi, thanks for replying.

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Well i have had a good experience with homeo.
    My son used to get frequent throat infection when he was 3.Though he never got cold and cough frequently.He used to have sudden onset of throat infection with very high temperature.
    We gave him homeo for 7-8 months and from 2years his throat infection hasnt returned to haunt us.This is my experience.
    But you could also try ayurveda if you want.

5. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

thanks for ur reply. i used homeo for my joint pains but it was never cured. thts why i am in a dilemma whether to go for it. hope some homeo clinic is near by our house, but we found none.

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Where are you??
    Are you in India??
    Here in UAE they have to give the exact names of the homeo medicines they prescribe.But in India they dont and they just fill the medicine in small white bottles and give it to the patients.
    And as I told you earlier,you still have ayurveda as an option.
    I give my son eladilehyam and cheriya karpurradi when he gets cold.

7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

we r in bangalore where this kind of problem is very common but unfortunately no solution. now tht we own a house here n hv permanantly shifted, we can't even go to some other city. I started giving her chyawanprash mixing it with water. got to see any difference.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am so sorry to hear this. I know how terrible it is. My 2 year old also frequently falls sick (though not this often) and I know how draining it is on them and on us. Hugs to you. What I am about to suggest may already have been implemented but saying anyway.

1. Schedule a full body check up on her, including the checks on vitals (specially lungs).
    2. I am not sure where you were living before Bangalore. If the climate was vastly different from Bangalore, maybe its as simple as her body trying to adjust to new climate.
    3. Test for any allergies (to dust, to pets, to mold, to anything which is here in Bangalore and which was not before).
    4. Test for food allergies too.
    5. How is the humidity level inside the home? You may want to use a humidifier at least until summer as Bangalore can get really cold in winters.
    6. If all the tests come back negative, the only hope is to fight the infection and build a her immunity.

Normally when my LO gets cold/cough, she gets fever. But giving over the counter medication every day is not going to help...I think so, cannot be sure.
    Repeated sickness is clearly a symptom and not the cause. We need to find the cause to be able to treat her. If it was my daughter, I would start with scheduling a complete body checkup...just for my peace of mine, if not for anything else.

PS: Go over her vaccination schedule to see if you are missing anything which was supposed to be given to her.

9. krsnakeerthi

krsnakeerthi New IL'ite

I agree, you have to find the cause for the problem before you can treat it. When you give the medicine everyday her body would get used to it and the medicine would not do what it was intended to do.

I think she might be allergic to something. Better to get her tested. I was not aware that you had to take allergy medications everyday irrespective of the if we plan to go out or not. My ped suggested to give over the counter allergy medications everyday to rule out environmental allergies for my DD. I was giving the medication to her only on the days that we ventured outdoors. Which obviously did not work. The reason I'm saying this my DD had similar symptoms and allergies are what doctors look for immediately.

10. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear this.This is really tiresome for you.by the way,where do you live in Bangalore? Have you been to any paed? If not ,i can suggest you.its better to stop over the counter medicine and home remedies ,if the problem persists more than 10 days.