French-Second Language for NRI kids

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by geetha123, Jan 12, 2009.

1. anashob

anashob New IL'ite

HI Jothi......... I am sooo happy to find someone who has connections with spartan....... I have a child who needs to go to go 11th grade and another child who needs to go into 7th.. I was happy know that spartan has french as 2nd language for 7th. How tough is it to get admission? I don't mind Cbse or matric... For a child coming from US will CBSE be very difficult
    plz. give me some more details. thanku.

2. sathya12

sathya12 New IL'ite

Hi

I would like to know how your 11th grader is doing in india.
    we are planning to move to india and my kid will be in 11th grade next following school year.
    and what school they are in and what is 2nd language in school.
    thankyou

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Friends,

We have plans of coming back to India and I want to know any schools in Hyderabad which offer french as second language , at which class/grade this french second language starts. does it apply to CBSE only? what about international school system, do they offer any languages? what is the third language options when french is taken as second language.

Please give me some information on school system in India. my son is in 1st grade now and we may move in another or so.

Sujatha.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sujatha,

nice to see you here. you could post the query in the hyderabad forum. this is discussion pertaining to chennai.

since your kid goes to the first standard and if you are opting for cbse you could try hindi and even if you were to move over to another state it is going to be the same

most schools have french only from the 6th excluding a few which have started having french at the 1st standard level and the fees is exorbitant.

all the best for your r2i.

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Thank you shanti.. you are doing good job in giving good information.
    Can somebody give information on at which class hindi as second language starts and at which class third language(if any) will start in CBSE?

Sujatha.

6. newmom2chennai

newmom2chennai New IL'ite

FYI CPA is also offering French as second lang from grade 5 onwards and it follows the CBSE pattern.
    Abt the CPS please review my other postings as well. It would be nice, opinions from parents present the grudges that go thru and the kids that go thru at the time of transition.
    This will enable them to know how tough the things are gonna be than having surprises at school.

7. ramee

ramee New IL'ite

Hi all,

I heard Chettinad vidyashram offers french as second language from 4th standard. Would coaching in school be sufficient for learning french or should we look at other options like Alliance francaise?
    Thanks in advance for suggestions.

8. Ramyaammu

Ramyaammu New IL'ite

About Spartan school

Hi Jothi,

Could you please tell me more about Spartan cbse school? i am planning to put my son in UKG there. How is the academics and how much they are giving importance to extra curricular activities? Please tell me whether it has classes till 12th. wat is d fees structure? pls pls reply me ASAP

9. AkilaT

AkilaT Junior IL'ite

Hi Jyothi,
    I've been desperately trying to get some information about the Spartan CBSE school and was very excited to see ur input here. We r planning to move back to India 2012 academic year & my kids will be going to 6th & 1st grade. Are ur kids still in Spartan, is the class strength 25 as per the website and do the classrooms have A/C. Please provide some info and do they give lots of homework.
    Thanks
    Akila

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. latha148

latha148 New IL'ite

Dear All

Thanks for the information below. I am in dubai my son studying in 3rd now. after so many efforts he cleared French basic test to get the seat in FRENCH IN 3 rd class( as we got admission in the begging with 2nd lang hindi
    ) recently my friends said there is a difficulty in future as indian schools have hindi subject is must... I was confused. but now relax... thanks again for the information ...

Regards
    Latha