French-Second Language for NRI kids

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by geetha123, Jan 12, 2009.

1. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    Can you please clarify me what is wrong in GAIS posts?
    Does she(GAIS) need to change her username or her content in her posts?

2. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi Jyothi,

Could you let me know more about Spartan school ? At what grade level does they start French ? My son will be in VII this year and my daughter in II nd. How does the school performs ? How tough is to get admission in this school ? and can you give me school's telephone # please.

Thank you
    geetha

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ms.Crystal,
    If you go through the forum etiquette you will find the answer to my objection. any post that directly or indirectly benefits a person does come under self promotion.

A suggestion to you, we have a directory section, where you could post details about the school in the chennai section.

We would love your participation on the methods and teaching programs and standards and also some guidelines to parents.. please do go through the school goers subforum.

Viji, i hope the answer i have given GAIS clarifies your doubts too...

4. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi for your clarification.

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Geetha,

Spartan CBSE is an upcoming school. they start french from IV grade I think. Your son wil be fine but your daughter will have to learn hindi or tamil for couple of yrs. My daughter takes hindi and my son has hindi as third lang and french for second language. Getting an admission is not that hard. They will be given a test afer you submit the application. The school is small and class size is limited to 25. Their website is www. spartanschoolchennai.com. Where do u plan on living in Chennai.

Jothi.

6. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Jyothi

I'm staying at Mehta Nagar. Thx for your clarification. You had mentioned that your son has taken hindi as third lang, but my son knows only French (that too started this year only). Do you think he can manage ? upto what grade level is there in this school ? I have a plan of moving back to US this year, if for any other reason if I come back in the mid year, do you think the school will still consider my application ? whats your idea ?

geetha

7. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Geetha,

Third language is very simple.my son started from the basics. It is not that hard. Spartan has upto 8th now. They keep increasing the class every year. I dont know about the schools procedure regarding your other doubt. You might have to call up the school and find out.

Jothi.

8. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi Jothi,

Thx for your reply. If you come to know more about any other schools, regarding 2nd lang, kindly let me know.

Thanks
    Geetha

9. avee

avee New IL'ite

dear jothi,
    i would like to know abt third language option of french at spartan.
    which class do they start third language french?
    can any one opt for third language french, if his or her second language is hindi?
    thanks in advance avee

10. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

avee,

I really don't know about french as third language option. I will find out and let u know soon.

Jothi.