French-Second Language for NRI kids

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by geetha123, Jan 12, 2009.

1. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Could anybody list down the schools which offers French as second language starting from 6th or above grade levels. So far I heard that SBOA Matriculaion offers French. How tough is to get admission in this school ? Is there anyother schools available in Chennai ? Does any CBSE school offers French as second language from beginners level ?

Kindly help me please.

Confused mom
    Geetha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Geetha,

I think we haved discussed this before.

There are few schools that take french from 6th.

Sboa, Chettinad vidyashram, St. Brittos, St.Michaels Academy and St.Johns i think.

3. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hey Shanthi,

Nice to see you again. I'm in India now. Right now, my son is studying in State Board (as this was the only school where there was French). But, he does'nt like his class, as he keeps on complaining that the boys behave very rough & tough. His lang. skill has also come down. So, we want to put him in a better school where they offer French. Is there any schools near Anna Nagar ? Does CBSE schools offer French as second lang ?

Geetha

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi geetha,

SBOA cbse also has french.

So how was your return to india. what about your daughter i think you have a daughter and a son.

5. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

hi shanthi,

my daughter is doing her 1st std. matric syllabus, with tamil as 2nd lang. She's still struggling with it. Somehow she manages to pass in Tamil. My son is doing good in his studies, the only matter is, he doesnt like his class, as everybody speaks in tamil. He wants to move to another school where the school std is much higher. So, again, I've started to hunt for schools with french as 2nd lang.

by the by, are you sure SBOA CBSE offers french ? I heard only SBOA Matric has french. :idontgetit:

What about International schools ? how far are they good ? does kids come out with flying colors after their 12th ? I heard one at Maduravoyil is good. Do you know the name of it ?

Thanks
    Geetha

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

geetha123,

It is really difficult when you child dislikes the atmosphere. you can convince a small kid, but to convince somebody your son's age, you need to feel that in the first place.

Schram is the school in madhuravoyal. and i have heard it is good. but result wise not having any idea dear.

I am sure sboa cbse has french, because that was the first option that i had, and could not proceed due to personal problems.

kids in the higher classes do tend to speak in tamil. You just tell your son to ignore and continue talking in english.

My son (v) has picked up tamil so fast that i was dumbstruck..but i make it a point that his accent is not influenced by tamil and also he speaks in english. at home we do speak in english..hindi is his second language. and next year he switches to french.

My daughter as you already know is in 8th and has taken french. the master who takes classes for her takes classes for almost 5 schools in the south chennai area, and he is good.

7. GAIS

GAIS New IL'ite

All Schools of Gateway offer French.

Gateway the Complete School IGCSE offers this from Grade 3
    and
    Gateway American International School will offer this from Grade 1, along with hindi and tamil as an OPTION only.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

GAIS no self promotion is allowed in this site.

And i am sure GAIS is gateway american international school. I thought schools did not need advertisement.

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

hi Geetha,

My son (VII) is in Spartan CBSE Mogappair. He is doing well and has taken french as second language too. My daughter (III) has taken hindi. We moved to India last year. My kids are both doing well and have adjusted well tothe school. There are a few NRI kids in the school. Let me know if u need more information.

Jothi.

10. GAIS

GAIS New IL'ite

Sorry. There was a question about schools who offer French. Thought I would suggest ours.
    - GAIS