1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Freezer safe containers

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pav_3, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I am looking for freezer safe storage containers that I can store cooked food,chopped veggies in the freezer, take out and then put in the microwave for thawing/reheating. Any ideas?

i have ziploc brand containers which i use for storing left overs in fridge(not in freezer) but it just says dishwasher and microwave safe.can i use the same for storing foods in freezer also?suggestions please....

thanks,
    pavi

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

I use anchor/pyrex glass containers. They are dishwasher/freezer/microwave/oven safe.

-Uma

3. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Pyrex and Ziploc would work. Also, you can try freezer bags from Hefty, Ziploc for storing chopped veggies.

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I am a bit wary of using plastics in the microwave, even though many are declared to be MW-safe, so I use ziploc freezer safe bags for the freezer and then MW in glass/ceramic bowls. Freezer bags may be better since you have to store the food item in the freezer as flat as possible to avoid freezer burn and it helps with the freezer bags.