Freelance photography [Is it feasible?]

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by Walker, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Walker

Walker New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    I am a fresh graduate from a Uni in s'pore and am currently looking for a job. I'm not local so got rent and bills to pay and thought of doing some freelance photography work to make some pocket money.
    As I have heard, one area to enter photography is in the portrait-photography field. I have done it for a few friends' families but none professionally. when i ask my friends they say my work is good, but I dont know if they are serious or being nice to me....
    So my question to you is, do you think my work is something someone would pay for? IF so where do you think I can find some potential customer? You can see some of my work on my flickr stream at:
    dileshw's Photostream

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Walker,

I know it is a very late response to your post and hope by now you have found a regular job and are well settled. Coming to your photography, i am a total layperson when it comes to photography and its techniques. Your photos seem decent, i have seen many taken by my friend who is an amature photographers here in SG and he does a pretty good job of it. When i asked him if he would be selling these photos or would take it up professionally full time, he said that it was not that easy, but then it is the opinion of one person. I hope any professional photographer here in IL answers this thread to clarify.

All the best!!