1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Freedom-Everybody Enjoys It

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 28, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Liked the title of my post today? Everybody enjoys freedom; be it freedom of expression or freedom from whatever. We all like to be independent souls. And thus we all yearn to get freedom from something or the other. The kind of freedom I am citing here is a bit off track. You are all at liberty to call me a bit eccentric; but yeah, I just can’t help it.
    Actually, my maid has taken three days off. She’s quite good and doesn’t bunk; she is quite sincere and respects me a lot. She’s very considerate as well, she asks me before taking a leave and if by any chance, I am not well or have guests, she postpones her leave. But, I don’t know why, sometimes when these maids etc. are not there around, I feel at peace. Even though the work pressure on me increases multifold, I enjoy being left all alone. I read somewhere that those who enjoy solitude are either a saint (which I am quite sure I am not) or a beast. The second possibility goes with me???! Don’t know! But one thing is for sure that I am a free soul for at least these 3 days!
    Even my husband’s driver has gone for a month-long leave to his native place; he is also enjoying driving every day. Such a strange thing, but it’s true. I am forced to think, what it could be and why is it that we are slogging beyond our capacities yet enjoying our freedom?
    Seeking the answer to this mystery from you!
    Cheers J

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012

2. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

The answer to your enjoying these extra workloads maybe lies in the fact that you are free to do as you wish...With maids (however sincere and good they might be), you do have to wait on them, instruct them and be housebound by them...
    Still I am the one who is most happy at the arrival of the maid!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Yeas dear Young@heart!!!
    I agree with you. Sometimes it feels good to be on your own.That's what I think.