Freaking out - In 2nd trimester...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by fionashrek, Oct 6, 2013.

1. fionashrek

fionashrek Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am in my second trimester now (first pregnancy) - finished about 15 weeks. But I don't feel any different. It freaks me out because i don't know if the baby is ok or not.. :( Am I the only one who feels like this or is there anyone else out there who feels like me. I have had no bad symptoms - no bleeding or spotting.

Until now before each scan I used to be scared. But every scan has been ok. I am not even looking pregnant yet.. :( My tummy does not seem to be growing much..another friend of mine was quite big by this week.

Apart from this, I have repeated sneezing bouts (allergies) and they are extremely bad now. I am scared that everytime I sneeze, it will harm the baby or the baby will feel the sneezes. I went to the doctor today and she gave me a nasal spray and a mild medicine..I hope it works. But what else can I do to stop this?? :(

Please advise!

Fiona

2. Lakshmisri29

Lakshmisri29 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I did not have any symptoms except for nausea.Some women don't have nausea also.My tummy started showing only in the 5th month.I went on a week past due date and at that time,my tummy was smaller than many ladies who were in the second trimester.I gave birth to a healthy 3.3kg baby.Tummy size has got nothing to do with baby's heath or weight.
    Pregnancy symptoms differ from person to person.So don't worry as long as the scans are normal.You are already in second trimester so i dont think sneezing would harm the baby.Take your iron,calcium and folic acid tablets regularly and be happy..All the best.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

It is normal not to have any symptoms or not to show until 15 weeks. Slowly, you will start showing and may also have other symptoms such as heart burn.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

If scans are fine and doctor is happy with your health and the growth of your baby, why are you unnecessarily "freaking out"?

Do you realise that everything is perfectly normal and fine now and your stressing and worrying will only make matters worse? Please divert your mind and don't imagine things or stress about your pregnancy.

5. learnuser123

learnuser123 Senior IL'ite

I am in first trimester and worry a lot between scans ...I wil be trying to divert my mind but at some point I will be again worried......that may be due to my past exp i am not sure....now it is season changing time so I get sneezing and so google searched and found it doesn't effect the baby....any way I am going to ask all my concerns with the dr on my next scan which is in few days and ofcourse as usual I am worried about the outcome of scan.