1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Four burner stove brands? Cooking range? What do you use?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Nithya001, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Please suggest some good four burner stove brands, not very expensive. Which is good-- glen, prestige, butterfly.... etc.
    What has been your experience with stoves?

What about cooking ranges? What is better to buy?

Do you also keep an induction stove? How much energy does it consume?

2. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

I have Gilma 4 burner, Sunflame 3 burners . Energy saving depends on how we use it.

Induction stove if you buy you get flat bottomed utensils free but it depends on the power supply .

If you get un interrupted supply you can go for it . Though people say it does not consume much with the current power bills, if it exceeds a limit the tariff doubles and you may end up paying more for the E Bill.

The ordinary cooking range and the stoves all depend on the way they are maintained. I f you use you may be careful in cleaning, if it's used by maids and cooks , it becomes the property of somebody, nobody.

You go for your convenience depending upon your requirement and whether you are working or stay at home mom with more time to cook and do the house hold work .I f you are working and time bound more options would work out for you.Think of the pros and cons and then buy.

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Hi Nithya,
    As far as I know, cooking ranges are useful only if you plan to do a lot of cooking and baking. Also see for how many people you are cooking for. For 2 people, 2-burner stove is enough. If you want to bake, I suggest you buy an OTG for around 4k.

I have Surya brand gas stove, which we have as a gft. It is really good.

4. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you ladies for the replies. On a regular basis I will cook for 2 but when our families visit I will cook for 4-5.

I am considering induction stove because we do not have gas connection yet. Currently we are staying in a house which is equipped but we have decided to move to a rented apartment soon in 2 weeks where we have to set up a house from scratch.

Can you tell me anything about private gas agencies like Jyothi? We will try to get a ration card but it will take time, so if I get Jyothi gas connection can I return it once I get the indane gas connection?

Also what is a good store to buy the gas stove? I have Croma near the place we will be moving, will I get it there? Is buying gas stove online and having it delivered home a good idea?

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I would suggest a 2-burner stove and an induction stove. Purchase an induction stove for now and apply for gas connection. You can get a private gas connection like Jyothi in less than a week. They offer package deals also where you can buy both stove and connection from them.

Getting a gas connection like HP or Indane is not so easy. There are huuuge waiting lists. So go for a Jyothi. You might require it longer than you think. You can return the connection to the dealer or you can sell it thru classifieds.

You can get gas stoves in regular stores where they sell steel/kitchen items. You can also get them in stores like HomeStore, BigBazar. I would suggest to go to a store and buy it rather than online because you will get to see many more models/brnads and can do a quick comparo.