Forum of the Month - May 2010 - Parenting by Working Mom

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The Forum for May 2010 is:​

Parenting by Working Moms

Let's get started with interesting discussions in the Parenting by working Moms forum to make it Popular threads for the month!

Your discussions should portray how challenging it is to parent being a working mom in a vivid picture. How you take up the challenge? Your tips, advises, experiences, etc. on handling specific challenges faced by working moms. It could be about that moment when you missed your kid’s school functions because of work, how working outside the home affects the upbringing of your kids, the experience of dropping your kid in a daycare for the first time, the way you handled those tough demands at works as well as the demands of your kids, etc.

Read here to know the rules and guidelines for the "Popular Thread Contest" in the Forum of the month.​

Some do's and don'ts to be followed for this contest:

DOs:
    1. Entries should be posted ONLY in Parenting by Working Moms forum, for it to qualify for the contest. No posting in this thread.
    2. ONLY new threads started in the Pareting by Working Moms forum during this month – May 2010 will be considered for the contest.
    3. The threads should be ONLY related to Parenting by a Working Mom, so that it will call for participation from co-members to share thoughts about the same.
    4. Avoid threads on common discussions like "My Parenting Tips", etc. Those threads on generic discussions will not be considered as we are expecting better focused discussions here.
    DON'Ts:
    1. NO COPY PASTING articles or information from other sites / sources.
    2. Please ensure that "NO hurting others sentiments/believes" and "No criticizing anyone's advice or experience".

Last edited: May 4, 2010

2. Shwetharavi

Shwetharavi New IL'ite

First i would like to thank the Admin of IL who planned this contest. I am a working MOM! I have 1 year 7 months old son (Dhruv). When he was 5 months old, i had to report to job as my maternity leave was over. First day, when i was leaving my son with his granny, tears rolled down from my eyes. But i was helpless. I went to report for the job. First day my breasts was full and it started to flow and also tears from my eyes. I was squeeaing it and throwing out for many days. I was upset for wasting such a best food for my son. There my son was crying for mother milk. I was telephoning every minute to my mother-in-law and was asking about my son. When my boss noticed my situation he allowed me to go home early. Second day also same thing. But third i had to work till 5.30. Because of traffic jam in Bangalore i could not go home early. i was reaching home at 7pm. This has become habit for both of them. But when he was ill, some time i had to go to office. My boss is a goodman but short tempered. In December 2009 when he was 1 years 2 months, i got fever for over 102degree. and his head was so hot that i made him sit in tub which filled with cold water. it continued for 10 and more days. i got only 1 day leave. other days my dad and monther-in-law was going to doctor for check up. When it was not cured even after 5 days. doctor advised to get his blood checked. that time i was in office and importance meeting was going one. my dad called me and informed and told me to come ASAP. My boss is in meeting. i could not inform him. what to do then i decided to go without informing him and i was ready to face anything. i went there by auto. that lab technician took more than 10ml of blood from my son's vein. he was crying. me and my dad was holding him tightly. i could not stop fainting when he was crying. fortunately report was positive. next day i went to office there for my wonder, my boss enquired about my son. then i came to know that, my dad had called to my mobile, as i was in auto couldnt pick it up, then i tried to my office number and enquired. when they asked why my dad informed them about my son. i was happy to know that my job is saved. till now i remember that. Now my son Dhruv is so cooperative that till now i didnt cry while i go to office. he wishes me, give planekiss and hugs me, give good farewell!!! Though my mother-in-law look after him nicely, i always feel guilty for not looking after my child myself. He is very fond of his granny than me. that pinch me. POOR MOTHER and PART TIME MOTHER!!!! :bonkOne side i want to be financially stable, other side want to be complete mother. How can both be possible right?????:hiya:hiya

3. sdamani76

sdamani76 New IL'ite

Hello friends,

I think its very challenging being a working mom. I think parenting of working mom doesn't start after the child birth but also from when she get the news that she will be a mom.If she doesn't feel good she can't go home from office and take rest not every time as she had to think she had to save her leaves when they are most required.As the time come to end of her maternity leave every time she get worried how the baby will stay without her for such a long time .Whether the care taker people should take better care of her beloved child.The child will not get hurt with anything/any other child in the centre. Lots of unwanted things came in her mind and she get more worried.
    After coming back to home after work ,she had to be patient with the child .
    If any day she shouted or slapped him for his unresponsible behaviour ,she feel so guilty till next day and she want to compensate it by loving her child a lot .
    She also think that the her child should not lack in their studies and other activities ,she take each and every effort that the child should do better .
    She want to spend her each and every moment after work with their loved ones.

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Winner of the Popular thread Contest
    in
    Parenting by Working Moms forum
    is......

Godschild

Hello Godschild,

Congratulations for winning the contest.

Godschild won the Popular thread contest for her thread here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/parenting-by-working-moms/95073-working-mom%92s-guilt-%96-how.html

which had 30 replies and 667 views during the month of May. The thread was totally in a new perspective from the daughter's point and provided a great insight in to Working Mom's problems.

Special gift for winning the Popular thread contest is...
    Wall Hanging of Birds

IMG_2959.JPG
    Note: Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Congrats God'schild.I realized it at the moment you started the thread:thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  6. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Laxmi,

Thank you very much.
    I have mailed my address.

RG,

Thanks dear!!

7. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear GC,

Congratulations friend.

Attached Files:

8. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Dear Veni,

Thanks a lot for the beautiful flowers!! :)

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hey GC,

Glad for you :)

Congrats dear..So shaping up to be a good mom and also balance your career :wink:

Attached Files:

10. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hey girl!!

Thanks. Yes hopefully will be a good working mom without much guilt :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.