Forum of the Month - June - "Pets and Animal Lovers"

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by Laxmi, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites

Hope you are aware about the most happening contest in our Indusladies community. If not, take a look at it here

okay, having read about the "Popular thread" contest and its rules, it is now time to announce the forum for this month of June....

The thread that receives maximum response will get its thread starter a special gift.

So what are you waiting for, go ahead and start thread sharing your pet peeves, games you play with your pets, how pets are integral part of your life, how your kids react to the pets. I hope these topics are just a tip of the ice berg and there are lots more innovative thread discussions from our ILites.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008

2. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Indus Ladies,

Finally i found a place where i could meet good friends, get to know what's happening around, check the recipe section before i cook that special meal, participate in the forum...and what not? Thanks Indus ladies for this warm community.

About pets, The one word which comes to my mind is "joy". Yes! having a pet gives one extra ordinary sense of joy, accompanied by an extra responsibility towards the pet. In Maldives there are no dogs and we have two cats to make up for it.

Pet lovers will surely nod an "yes", when i say pets respond emotionally to us.Our cat "KooKi" a boy cat and "Mooki" a girl cat, offer us so much of love- unconditional love.

when it comes to being faithful, no pet can beat a dog but strangely enough Kooki behaves like a dog, waits for us to be back home, come meowing wherever we are. He doesn't like to sit in a room alone. He would quietly come and sit amongst us. And respond to all my question i ask "kooki" "enge poane"(where did you go?) , etc/.It's just a meow. Doesn't matter. it makes you happy when you live in a faraway land and you have your pets only your pets and your family to make you feel wanted. These pets make up for a whole lots of friends and relatives whom we left back home to far far away land.

It's nice to have pets. What say?..

3. Laxmi

Hello Nilaa

Thanks for the appreciating words you have for the Indusladies community and thanks for your views about pets too.

Please read here to know more about what this contest is all about.

Hope this helps.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi,
    Was very glad to see that the 'pet forum' has been chosen for the Forum of the Month..
    Hope to see more topics and articles related to pets...

sriniketan

5. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Pets to our home was like heat is the Human Body.Dogs are known as Person's Best Friend.We always had dogs at home.

Till My Mom was there,she always wanted to have one.My Dad had brought a 2 month old Alestian Female .That time it was just a week that our other dog had died.And we did not pets anymore as parting from it is very painful.We try to ignore,but could not do it for more then 2 days.The eyes attaracted everyone round.We named it Sonu.It was with us for 12 years,even after Mom expired,it was there with us and our true companion at home.Whenever me and my sis use to be alone at home,it never use to leave our side.If we go to take bath,it useto sit outside the bathroom,if we were sleeping sit neat the bed,if we were outside in Verandh,it use to sit near us.

My Mother was fond of dogs a lot.She used to feed even the stray dogs daily twice.Even the street dogs would all sit outside our gate and guard the house and would not let anyone come inside.One day someone left a broken legged dog near our gate.Mama couuld not resist it,so requested my father that we keep it inside the compond till it recovers.Called the vet and within 2 months it recovered,but that time it had gained our love,so we kept it also.But keeping a male and female was a mistake.Soon our Female dog gave birth to 7 pups.4 died after the birth and 3 survived.They very so cute.But we could not keep all of them.So had to part with the two.But could make give away the third one.So now we had 3 dogs.After mom's death,I amd MY Sis took care of 3.After my marriage,my sister alone took care of it.Everyone use to come and tell dad that we should 3 dogs as it is very expensive and laso a nuisance.But I and My Sis ignored everything .

In July this year ,Our Sonu expired.And even the male dog Chintu ran away one day.At that time I was here.I just could not do anything but cry in Silence.Some people never understand the love for your pets.They think you are crazy.Now we just have Sonu's female pup which we named Bitu.But after Bitu goes,We have decided that we will never keep a pet,not becuse we think it is nuisance,but because when a pet dies it is very painful.It's like parting from a Family Member.

I feel very bad shakehead when I see people leaving thier pet in the streets when they are unable to take care of it.But why take a responsibilty of a animal when you are not able to give proper care and love needed.As human beings need love even the animal need it.

I think a long one.Computer TypingBut some of the topics are very dear to your heart and we can'nt stop ourself from penning down our thoughts.

Regards.
    Babita

6. Laxmi

Hi Babita

Thanks for penning your thoughts about pets. Kindly post your views as threads in the below forum:

Pets and Animal Lovers - IndusLadies

so that you could be a part of this contest.

All the best!

7. mukilganesh

mukilganesh Bronze IL'ite

Hello animal lovers

Just thought I should share this bit of information to you all. I am sure you must have heard about the testing done on animals for cosmetics and home products, etc. I recently came across this information and decided that I will not use products that have been tested on animals. The cosmetics at The Body Shop (available in the UK and the USA) are not tested on animals. Many home products like cleaning solutions from Coop(UK) are also not tested on animals. Just check labels in different supermarkets or check online for products not tested on animals.

When buying eggs, I opt for the free range or the barn eggs as they are from chickens that are left free to roam unlike the caged hens which are made to eat and lay eggs all the time and are hardly able to move.

I am also trying to become a vegetarian (I have reduced eating non-veg to once or twice a month) as I love animals too much and feel guilty eating them.

Mukil

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hello Moderators,

The forum of the month in June was "Pets and Animal lovers.

I was wondering when the winner will be announced for this contest since it is July 2nd already. :)

Cheers
    Krithika

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jithiks,

We are in the process of reviewing all the contests and announcing the winners for the month of June. Stay tuned and you should see the announcement shortly.

BTW, there are also a few May month contest winners who are yet to receive their gift from us. We will be arranging for that too shortly. Regret about the delay.

Malathy

10. Laxmi

Dear ILites

Is your champagne bottle ready on the table? yes, time for celebration as the winners announcement is happening here at Indusladies.

Winner for the Popular Thread Contest

for the month of June

in the forum - Pets an Animal Lovers

Paulina

Congrats Paulina for winning the June month Popular thread contest.

Paulina got a maximum of 36 replies with 393 views and 5-star rating for her popular thread:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pets-and-animal-lovers/29103-my-cold-nose-gave-them.html

Paulina also has championed other successful threads in the Pets forum like:

Have you heard a Kookaburra laugh?!
    With love from J

Paulina, we really appreciate your efforts in kick starting interesting discussions and making the Pets forum buzz with activity.

Please send in your mailing address by Private Message to ship out special gift to you. Watch out in this thread for a special gift that awaits you.

Ladies, put your hands together to cheer Paulina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.