Forum of the Month - June 2011 – Senior Citizens

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

When grace is joined with wrinkles, it is adorable!!

The Forum for June 2011 is:

Senior Citizens

Go ahead...start interesting discussions in the Senior Citizens forum.

Retired life is no more boring. Make your retired life filled with fun by spending time with your grand kids, going for an early morning walk, listening to your favourite music, visiting temples and volunteering yourself in any organizations and lot more….

Start thinking about all those moments and share about your experiences with all of us. You could win an exciting prize[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

Read here to know the rules and guidelines for the "Popular Thread Contest" in the Forum of the month.

Some do's and don'ts to be followed for this contest:

DOs:

1. Make your contributions for this contest ONLY in the Senior Citizens Forum.
    2. ONLY new threads started during the period – 30th May, 2011 - 25th June, 2011 that get popular with maximum responses and participation from other members will be considered.
    3. The threads should be started about Senior citizen - their experiences, their thoughts or their perspective about life.
    4. The contest ends on 25th, June 2011.
    DON'Ts:

1. No posting (copy-pasting) articles or information from other sources (like websites, books, magazines, emails etc.).
    2.Please ensure that no hurting others sentiments.

All the Best!

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Team,

Will the threads posted only after june 1st will get considered?Because i see so many by now..as today is still falls under May..

Pls clarify..:)

3. IL_Admin

Hello Spuppala,

Thanks for pointing it out. We have corrected it.

ONLY new threads started during the period – 30th May, 2011 - 25th June, 2011 that get popular with maximum responses and participation from other members will be considered.

4. lathaaakkumar

lathaaakkumar Bronze IL'ite

It is a blessing to be a senior citizen...With everything in life being settled no more rushes and no more worries...but a few of them do worry that they have nothing to worry about.I think they must relax and enjoy everyminute of their old age.It is indeed a blessing to have reached this age as these days people do die very young.

Life can be interesting if seniors take a real interest in what the youngsters at home do.They should really try to be of help in whatever small way they can.They can also join so many clubs who have a lot of seniors as members.Infact I am a member of one such club and most of our members are senior citizens.They are so outgoing and are the first to participate in all competetions.First and foremost the seniors should get the feeling that these youngsters are all enjoying only what they have all undergone.

An active mind keeps you alert and for people other than the ones who are bedridden should do whatever small things they can.

Happiness blooms in a seniors life if they feel they are really wanted and it is upto the seniors to make the youngsters feel that way.

In conclusion enjoy your life ,,do whatever you can be of utmost help,do not give unwanted advises,understand the youngsters are also grown and do whatever you enjoy most..Life is worth living even to a century then.

5. simplysara

simplysara New IL'ite

My Parents are happy to be Senior Citizens.

They are taking care of health, eating healthy food, walking with grandchildren and spending time with daughter abroad.

Dont worry about anything. take rest and good care of your health.

Be active by visiting temple, relatives as and when possible.

6. IL_Admin

The Lucky winner of.......

The Popular Thread Contest in Senior Citizens Forum is.......

Lalithasathish

Please find Lalithasathish's entry here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/senior-citizens/138302-do-they-deserve-this.html

Congratulations Lalitha !! Thank you for your active participation in the senior citizens Forum and starting interesting thread which also encouraged participation from other ILites. There won't be any oldage homes, if every youngster understand that 'Today's youngsters are Tomorrow's senior citizen. Very good thought-provoking discussion !!

The thread has got 32 replies and 706 views.

IL Special Gift for Winning the contest.

Brass bowl with intricate floral designs.

brass bowl.jpg

Note: Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Thank you.

7. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Congrat Lalithasathish.keep on going

8. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Dear IL'ites,
    I am vey much surprised to see that my thread has won the contest. I was out of station during weekends and literally had no access to net. When I open today I see my name here..Thanks a bunch for the surprise but i thought there were many other interesting threads which deserved the prize..

Regards,
    Lalli

9. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Thanks Chitra for the wishes..

Rgds,
    Lalli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.