1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Fortmill,SC

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by shilpamohan, Feb 11, 2008.

1. shilpamohan

shilpamohan New IL'ite

Hii....we moved to charlotte recently..now we're looking for a house..we saw couple of houses in Fortmill,SC ..It's very close to charlotte.Does anyone know about this place? most important is schools...then safety,neighbourhood etc..
    what do you think about charlotte??which places got the best schools,neighbourhood etccc..i have a 3 1/2 yr old son..we're really confused..
    we really don't know anybody here..pls help..Thankyou

2. sujatha81

sujatha81 New IL'ite

Hello Shilpa,

Fort Mill has great schools so you'd have no problems. We live not too far away, close to Tega Cay, but on the other side which is part of the city of Charlotte. But I've heard only good things about the Fort Mill schools and we have a little girl who will be 2 in June, so we often think that by the time she's ready to go to middle school, we might move down to Fort Mill. We're quite happy with the reports we hear about Winget Elementary which is zoned for the Steele Creek area where we live now. Do let me know if you have any other questions and good luck house hunting!

3. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

hello shilpa,sujatha,

i am moving to charlotte next month.let me know abt south charlotte area.we are looking apts in whitehall,parkside,the colonial village. which one is good? what indian shop is good and best? which is the best shop for vegetables and fruits?(here in VA we have kmart korean shop)

4. sujatha81

sujatha81 New IL'ite

Hi Sorna,

I have not heard of either of those apartments. We lived in South Charlotte in Ballantyne at Cheswyck at Ballantyne and were happy there. We recently moved out when we bought our own home. There is a large indian population in Cheswyck if that is a criteria. :)
    About indian groceries, there's Payal Indian groceries which I go to most often on Archdale Drive which is not too far. But the closest one in South Charlotte would be Brightmart on Pineville Mathews Road. There's also Asian Groceries on Park Road and Bombay Bazaar on South Blvd. Those are the ones in the South Charlotte area that I'm familiar with. You may be disappointed with the groceries here though since they are quite expensive and do not have the variety you get in VA. But I guess we make do with what we have! :)

Good Luck with your move and let me know if you have any more questions.