1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Formula milk for 4 and half year old in india!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by swapna15, Sep 1, 2014.

1. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Hello there,

I have recently moved back to india after leaving in uk for a while. My son is four and half years old. He had a long bout of tummy upset while coming here. The doctor advised us to totally stop giving him milk as the milk here is contaminated, according to him even the pasteurised milk is also contaminated and a kid can get bacterial infections after having it. So his suggestion is not to give him milk at all or give him formula milk to start with and then gradually move to milk tetrapacks. I have never given my son formula milk as he was bf ed and later on moved to cows milk in uk.

Now i would like to know which formula milk do you give to your kids in india and is there any thing for the older kids..? Please share your experience in this regard.

Many thanks
    Swapna

2. Krithikakrishna

Krithikakrishna New IL'ite

Swapna,
    generally we dont give formula milk for kids older than 1.5 yrs. we move on to cow or buffalo milk. My son was on formula till 1yr , as my milk was not sufficient. Later i tried giving him buffalos milk when we visited india from US on a short vacation. But it didnt go well. So i switched to nandini gold life tetrapacked cows milk. My kid loved it instantly. Till date no issues. However if u still prefer formula, there are many available in Amul and Nestle brands. Gud luck!

1 person likes this.