1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Formal wear for working ladies.....suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Niviadaswani, Jan 18, 2014.

1. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

Cotton chudi with semi collar neck n 3/4 hand.

2. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

I know you're looking specifically for professional indian attire, but I wanted to point you to a few resources that could help infuse a little bit of inspiration

A friend of mine and his gf run this blog:
    Styledrive | Indian Fashion, Style & Beauty Blog
    They've grown it nicely with lookbooks, videos, makeup, accessorizing and hairstyle tips. I really like some of the color combos, the cuts, patterns and how they choose to layer up various styles.

I think if I were to envision someone in Bollywood that has a diverse and balanced take on fashion (of both Indian, Western and Indowestern Fusion), it would have to be Sonam Kapoor (personality aside, of course). That lady isn't afraid of experimenting with fusion wear!
    11b4938cb9b3716cde56b2ec86edccdb.jpg

Tunics can be layered nicely with jeans, trousers and accessorized nicely with fly away cardigans, blazers, vests, tasteful jewelry, belts and yes...SHOES. Add a collar to your neckline, give it clean trims, try a peplum that hits below your belly, or top it off with a scarf to take it to the next level. Even adding faux-wraps with buttons can take it up a notch.
    834090e9cb8a970be872cc35b37be9f3.jpg 4275964d741df2c8e75418ddf934126b.jpg 1121c3528213b8d8598e29af5c9f1952.jpg 63ddd617d79aafd144ae501e89ed1f69.jpg

I also think in India, it's lovely to see the variety of tunics, patterns and textiles. Even having access to tailors that will create customized pieces is incredible. Use it to your advantage!

Depending on where the bulk of your weight is, you can accessorize and play with fits that draw attention away from it. For instance, if you're heavier on the the top, balance it out with more fitted waist and then flare away from the body. If you're heavier on the bottom, go for higher waist lines and then away from the body. You can also layer on a scarf to balance things out and accessorize. More resources on how to dress for your body type:
    Plus Size Fashion: Dress for your Body Shape - AbbeyPost Made To Measure Blog
    How to dress for your body type
    Dressing for Your Body Type - From YouBeauty.com (multiple pages long)
    https://www.levo.com/articles/fashion/how-to-dress-professionally-for-your-body-type

Hope this helps.

Anusuya likes this.
  3. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

4. GopiKani

GopiKani Senior IL'ite

I will suggest you wear Kurti Leggings and Cotton Churidar as a formal wear. This will make you feel comfortable and they give a simple but sober look. Try to buy these from online stores so that you can enjoy their exclusive collection along with great discounts.

5. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

Nowadays collared kurtis with trousers or leggings is in fashion..u can try that

6. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

I have found kurtas and sarees as the best formal office wear they look elegant. I have noticed ladies of high command to be dressed in Indian wear they look more confident and poised. You too try them for few months. you will feel comfortable and bold.

7. Aarushi8411

Aarushi8411 New IL'ite

kurtis with leggings elegant look

8. Vyahrthi

Vyahrthi New IL'ite

Which brand here in Us is cheap and best for western attire?