1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgot my birthday

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ayeshanaaz, Jun 27, 2009.

1. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hey dear so sorry to hear that.....

i can totally understand how it feels if your DH forgets your b'day...... rather any person who si important to you forgets it.......

just yesterday my DH reminded me..... it was my cousin's b'day and after wishing her wen i told my DH.... he teased me that does she also switches off her cell phone at 12:05, if her DH doesnt call at exact 12...... that was how he was teasing me to my reaction on my first b'day during our courtship period....... i expected to receive the first call from him.... n i had told that to him in advance and when he dint call me till 12:05 i just switched off my phone....... well that was a different era...... things have changed more so with time.......

well yes we listen from all the men around that they dont feel nething spl for b'days or a'sary but man if thats what is so important for your DWs why cant u let them have small pleasures...... i mean its not so difficult just to wish her...... okay sometimes if they are very stressed we can understand but just that its not important to them.... they should deprive us of the pleasures....... i dont think its very just.....

thankfully my SH has not forgoten to wish me (after the first episode of my switching off my cell) though i no longer expect him to wish me at dot 12 or expect ne gifts from him..... (my first b'day after our wedding is yet to come but i m not keeping ne expectations)..... lik other b'days we might not even be together... he has travel plans at that point of time..... :((

my other friends have faced similar problems wherein the guy does remembers b'day but wouldnt even wish cos he doesnt feel there is nething spl of b'days...... inspite of knowing how important it is for their DWs...... i just dont understand this!!!!! okay its not important to you but for heaven's sake it is for your wife and if just wishing her can make her day..... y do u want to deprive her of that happiness......

but at the end i guess u have to learn to ignore it...... so dear if thats what he too feels..... i think its best to announce in advance like others have said instead of waiting and feeling more depressed...... yes i agree to what u have said that then whats the fun..... but i guess we need to strike a compromise and not feel more bad about it..... i will be better to make him wish rather than waiting all day and feeling frustrated!!!

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Well, I think men are known for taking their wife for granted and forgetting their bday...itz not an uncommon thing at all...wat I do is I tell him well in advance on what gift I would expect and if I come across the gift, I buy it and make him pay...gud thing is as forgetful as he is , he forgets that I got the gift already and I get another guft too ;-)
    So if your husband falls under the forgetful category, why dont you demand n get what u want...itz afterall ur bday n hez afterall ur hubby...so cheerup lady and make sure u dont forget to inform him now...u deserve a bonus too this time :2thumbsup:

And before I forget Belated Bday wishes!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  3. seahorse

seahorse New IL'ite

Ouch!!! so sad for this to be happening to you two years in a row. i know this could be a sore topic that could leave you sad and forlorn for days together. obviously you love him a lot when you say "he's the only one you wanted to remember".

he could be absent minded...but it should have dawned on him having celebrated his birthday a little later. you have every reason to feel mad about this. and letting him know in advance is like taking the fizz out of a drink.

it's him that should be making the effort to remember and not for you to remind him. now that you are giving him the cold shoulder does he realize??? when you have calmed down get into a serious discussion with him and let him know that this occurance ticks you off. that's the most you can do. continue to celebrate his birthday though ...that'll probably make him feel sheepish about forgetting yours the next time.

4. marmar

marmar New IL'ite

hi, I did remind him days before my BD and choose with him my Gift , yet he didn't do any thing :(

5. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Marmar you are late by 4 years .

P.S: really really old thread

6. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

I always remind mine of my bday and even tell him what I want...it works for me..