1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgot my birthday

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ayeshanaaz, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

HI Asheya,
    this time my dh also forgot my b'day.i was very disappointed .when he came from office he brought some flowers & gift for me.must have remembered it in evening.kept on apologising but i kept a long face.i had not even baked a cake & cooked nothing special.he forced me to go out for dinner .but to tell u the truth nothing made up to the sadness i felt that day.somehow i felt that my importance in his life is finished.life goes on but that sad feeling stays.
    i agree that he may show his love towards me in thousand other ways but still i remember that day when all routine office affairs mattered & not me.

well,all i can say is remind him now.maybe ,he will learn from this mistake & never ever forget it in coming yrs.
    pragati8

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

It does all depend on the personality what we have. Some can take it easily and some can’t. If my DH did the same thing, by knowing him, I wouldn't worry much. Next time I would remind him the day before. Because I too forget lot of my friend’s birthdays, simply I don't have that kind of mind where I can remember someone's birth dates or I have to save it in some reminder software. I too feel bad about it all the time but again same thing repeats next year I don't remember the date. So they all started telling me before the day by knowing me.
    So why don’t you save it in some software where it will send email to your DH. Need to make life easy than worrying.

3. Sanji

Sanji Guest

Dear Ayesha, You are not alone! My husband usually also forgets miine too. But you know what reallly hurt me he forgot our silver wedding anniversary (25th) What can you do? I am the one who likes to celebrate, buy and give gifts etc. He is the one who has never paid attention to these things. So sometimes I just say him to give mesome money for my birthday buy something and then tell him look what I got for my Birthday with the money who gaveme. That way I satify myself.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

hmm..

Does he love you?

Being absent minded does not get classified as "sadistic". Mrsfrank, do you even know what that word means? It's such a loaded word.. please dont use it for simple stuff like this.

Prioritize your expectations. Be happy and see the good things in him. As some advised, celebrate the day as to what you want. Make a shopping trip with him the weekend before and start purchasing something and when he asks why, tell him that special day is on the way.

5. sknaaz

sknaaz New IL'ite

hi ayesha...
    reading ur post reminded me of my last bday.it happened with me too.and you wont believe that my Dh intentionally dint wish me although he remembered it as i had once forgotten his bday till afternoon.so to make me feel bad about it he did that.strange na ?but it did happened.i waited the whole day ,did got calls from india and everybody wished me but my Dh ignored it.and in the evening i made some special dinner and announced myself and then he bought a cake for me .although i dint felt any happiness.from that day i have made up my mind to NEVER expect anything from Dh.just tel him what you want.if you get some surprise its most welcome else just ask/inform him what you want.this time i told him casually while having tea that tommorow is my bday.he smiled and asked "what do u want for gift",this is another thing i hate telling him what i want for bdays gifts/anniversary gift.i too love this small small happiness and surprises but when you are sure you cant change the other person mend yourself and then only wil you be happy.and we all knw our Dh loves us.its just that we dont like some of their ways of managing things.so cheer up and forget about it.

6. shivanisat

shivanisat New IL'ite

hi dear

I think your birthday is on 25th June & my birthday is on 27th June. the same situtaion is with me also. in 8 years he wish me (by itself) only two or three times otherwise I have to tell him that it is my birthday. then he started (oh sorry yaar I forgot and than he wish me). so cheer up birthday doesn't matter for me his love is enough.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  7. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Dear Ayesha,

I guess men just dont care about birthdays.... and special days... they like to celebrate and give gifts when they want to/ feel the urge to give gifts and celebrate... the dates just dont matter...

In fact on my DH's birthday last year, I went out for lunch on a girls day out and had a nice italian brunch with my girlfriends.... and he was left at home with my son to look after... In fact I was quite reluctant to go... but he encouraged me to not miss the opportunity of girls day out.... and still I felt very guilty about it and cooked his favourite food for lunch and then only went out and we later had his favourite dinner too...

For them the date of the birthday is not very important... so dont base your judgement of love and respect on a date, base it on his actions when you are in need of his support...

Keep smiling :)
    Harini

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  8. priti8683

priti8683 Senior IL'ite

So sad...But how can they forget? just 1day in a year ..cann't they remember it? we have to do everything for them....

Ask ur DH about ur birthday...u can find the answer from his expressions..I mean how he reacts like guilty or oh ok type or what is in that tpye...

If u find a -ve answer so dnt expect anything from him...its good for u.

9. sathyanjali

sathyanjali Senior IL'ite

Hello Ayesha,
    I think men dont bother about b'days.
    My wedding day and b'day falls on the same month. My b'day comes a few days after my wedding anniv. My DH did not get anything on my first b'day after wedding. I was very much disappointed as I had lot of dreams as it is my first b'day after wedding.
    I dont demand anything or express my disappointment, that is my nature. So I have stopped expecting him to remember my b'day long back. Otherwise he is very affectionate and extremely caring when I fall sick. As long as he is affectionate and caring dont worry about forgetting b'days.

P.S.- Now I have started expecting my son to remember my b'days but he is proving that he is papa's boy :((
    Twenty years from now we might be reading a similar post from my DIL. Neither they nor we will change ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  10. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

My husband remembers but doesn't wish! He does always make plans for dinner. When I asked him why he won't wish me, he said that he is just not that into it! When I think of it, I have to remind him to wish his family too. He does even that most reluctantly. He does get an anniversary gift, though. Unless we decide that a big ticket item we buy will be our gift.

I would say, just remind him, hon. I have a fabulous memory, remember everyone's b'days and anniversaries, but come that day, I forget that that day is that day! Yes, despite my yahoo reminders if I just don't check. Get what you want. No point ruining your day for yourself just because he can't/won't remember.