1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgiving each other in a marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Laks09, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Franc312

Franc312 New IL'ite

When there is love I believe there is No question of forgive and forget. We do hv our tough moments but it would be for few days and we

2. newgirl1

newgirl1 New IL'ite

Infidelity is the only thing that I can't forgive.

I even told my husband that. His reply - "Do you consider watching certain videos on the internet as infidleity?" :rotfl

3. Dipsy19

Dipsy19 Senior IL'ite

Every one is saying that they cannot forgive infidelity. But I don't know what to do. I had such good memories with him. I don't know how things went wrong. Its only that bitch bhadkaoed him against me. Otherwise we were such a happy couple. I don't know should I forgive him or forget him.

4. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks much @Laks09 for starting this wonderful thread.

and Thanks @hrastro for what awesome thoughts.

I myself have seen many downs(thans good times) in my married life.Now that my SIL is married,I am hoping that things will settle.But to be honest,howmuch ever I try to forgive and move on,something is still bothering me at the back of my brain.Like,for ex,DH did care for me when I was pregnant,but he does much more stuff,literally gets worried as his Sis pregnant now.I know this is so stupid to compare,but being a woman,its difficult to digest that your DH cares for someone else than you..Or we getting worried about something that may/may not happen in future(like MIL comparing about the kids of yours and SIL etc etc,or someother stuff)..I do get some nightmares about this,and I am sure many women might be in the same boat...

The points you mentioned are about,how to improve your married life and move on..But I still think that while doing all this,something always be there in the back of the mind..How do we put those thoughts down,that to when you are in a close knit family...sometimes forgiving is not simple as we think..it is also so stressful unfortunately...:hide:

Thanks.

5. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

You are one lucky girl @VanithaSudhir..Touch wood!!God bless you both!!

1 person likes this.
  6. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

surrendersmiley

7. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

Very true @Rihana...Thats why i am in ILhugsmiley

8. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

Exactly...This is what I was trying to put forth.I do agree that,between couples,we need to move on..But even if the small stuff keeps repeating,especially with In-laws involved(though they may not be as bad as abuse),but forgiving becomes very complicated...

Like some one said,when there is love,everything is forgivable..But again,i think Respect also needs to be there..