1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forced 'Zombie' state

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sumathy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I just saw a thread in IL about somebody feeling guilty about not working hard enough for some thing (course/exam). I wrote a reply that you probably need a break genuinely - and it occurred to me that once in a while, it is alright and infact, preferable to get into a 'zombie' state.

I literally imagine a zombie state as something where you open you head, let out stuff and air it. No tensions, no regrets, no desires, just observe, let go and chill - could be for hours or may be days (well, more than that can deteriorate you!). It is true for both working women and home-makers alike - you need to take a break and float.

I have attempted it a few times helps if you talk to your husband about it before, ask him to take over the responsibilities and sit aside and do nothing. Go for a chai (alone or with a friend), hang around in a book shop, or just window shop. After these breaks, I usually come back refreshed (partly because of the guilt also??). Try this when you are feeling too overwhelmed with responsibilities - especially managing the kids!

Cheers,

Sumathy

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Sumathy,

You are right. Once in a while it is refreshing to take a break from routine and have a chill-pill.