1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Forced 'Zombie' state

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sumathy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I just saw a thread in IL about somebody feeling guilty about not working hard enough for some thing (course/exam). I wrote a reply that you probably need a break genuinely - and it occurred to me that once in a while, it is alright and infact, preferable to get into a 'zombie' state.

I literally imagine a zombie state as something where you open you head, let out stuff and air it. No tensions, no regrets, no desires, just observe, let go and chill - could be for hours or may be days (well, more than that can deteriorate you!). It is true for both working women and home-makers alike - you need to take a break and float.

I have attempted it a few times helps if you talk to your husband about it before, ask him to take over the responsibilities and sit aside and do nothing. Go for a chai (alone or with a friend), hang around in a book shop, or just window shop. After these breaks, I usually come back refreshed (partly because of the guilt also??). Try this when you are feeling too overwhelmed with responsibilities - especially managing the kids!

Cheers,

Sumathy

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Sumathy,

You are right. Once in a while it is refreshing to take a break from routine and have a chill-pill.