1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forced to pierce the nose!!!Anybody else???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shakambari, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

oh scarry...i didnt get this situation because this tradition is in tamiladu state mostly. That girl had right to oppose that worst thing to her because it is killing her self respect

2. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Yep, I was forced to have one. Nose and ears. People were ready to see me cry. The Goldsmith was there to pierce. My new to-be-family was there. I stood for myself and said a clear NO. I said, I respect your family tradition but I cannot carry it on my skin. Though there were fundas and certain dissatisfaction, FIL stood for me and said, if she does not want it, let her not! We old people often forget we are getting old! I cant tolerate if my daughter is being forced, I cannot do it to my dil either!I was surprised! :) Though MIL was not happy, the ceremony ended with my little cousin who always wanted to pierce her ears! :) That way I was spared!

3 people like this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Good for you Malini !!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Thats a narrow escape - I must say

5. Tanu6

Tanu6 New IL'ite

This time when i went to India my MIL forced me to pierce my nose. Am actually married for more than 3 years now. She told everybody in the family have pierced their nose except you and made me do it. I still repent for not saying no for that. I did it without saying a word. Now i have a purple bump next to the piercing which is not going. Am wearing a slightly bigger nose pin to cover this. I have even bought a very small nose pin and waiting for the bump to go so that i can wear it.