1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forced to pierce the nose!!!Anybody else???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shakambari, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Same thing happened with me too. Forced to pierce and no reaction by ex and top of tht my own mother said you hv to listen to them as all married girls has to wear nosering. I too didn't wanted to get my nose pierced. But after my engage ex-MIL told mom tht she has to get it pierced as it is suhag ki nisani and if she dont do it ppl will talk and badmouth behind back blah blah blah. Though she was the biggest liar in this matter she wasn't completely wrong. In our caste some older ladies are really nosey and they do badmouth abt someone even for such silly matter. The place whr (ex) inlaws were staying, in the same area so many ppl of our caste were also staying, even you just go down to market just to buy vegetables you will surely meet few ppl on road. so she was worried. I just dont understand why such loser ladies, society neighbours or relatives has to worry if I wear or don't wear nosering or whtever I wear. Why do such ppl hv to poke thr noses in other lives whether wht they do and wht they wear and wht not.

My nose skin was too thick I tried to get it pierced but it was paining so much. I thought if I will pierce now and if septic will happen it will look too bad during marriage so I decided to pierce after marriage. Ex MIL made it a big issue and abused me for this silly matter.[/QUOTE]

So you avoided it tactfully - thats smart - yes I feel it should not be imposed

2. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Mine is way different. It is a custom in our community to pierce the nose. Everybody in the last generation in my family have pierced their nose. But thankfully, my in laws weren't too particular about nose piercing. After I got married, my hubby asked me to pierce my nose as he would love to see me that way. Trying to impress him:bonk, I did pierce my nose with a gunshot. O god! Its such a painful memory. The place were the its pierced is quite thick for me, a rare case. So, the nose pin I got din't go inside. So had to go to an achari who almost dug a hole with a sharp nail to put the nose pin. After having got married, my hubby and I came to the US. After 4-5 months, I tried to take it out and clean the area as dirt got accumulated. But within minutes, I was not able to put it back. The wound hadn't heeled even then and blood came. I was too happy to not put it back.:thumbsuplol! My hubby din't want me to feel the pain. He reminded to get my nose pierced again this time when we went to India but finally I got pierced...this time my second earring instead :):thumbsup:cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

:spin yes i was among one of the scapegoats. I was asked to pierce my nose before my marriage. My ILs told my parents about it and when my parents came and told me about it i was like :drowning. I tried to avoid it but my parents were actually asking me do it to avoid any misunderstanding. So finally i pierced my nose and i was working at that time. So when i went to office i found that everybody found it out and when i met my DH with this change he didnt even find it out. I was really :bonk. I asked him if he could find out any difference in my face but he couldnt and finally i told it by myself. I never wanted to pierce my nose. But now its late to even grudge against it.

4. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Wow such a long running thread with so many interesting responses. Well I was lucky. I was not forced to pierce at all. I was just asked if I wanted to pierce and I said that I dont want to. It was left at that point :)

5. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Yes u r 2 lucky )))

6. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

... i wasnt even not asked.. i asked myself for it actually... i think best is if we can do decide ourself what we want to do with our body :)

7. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

as my younger sister was adament about wearing nose rings i was forced to undergo nose piercing when i was in class 9th.as my brother laughed at me by saying MOOKKANANKAYIRU means roPe inserted in the nose of animals i removed it and let it be closed.so once again i was forced,i demanded a diamond nose ring thinking dad couldnot afford.but he assured one and i got it pierced with gold one.even it was not a demand by my pil my dad got diamond nose ring along with traditional vairathodu(stud).now my husband is ready to get ettukal besry(nose ring with 8 d.stones) i stick to my single stone nose pin.

8. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I didn't pierce my nose. My MIL asked me to do it once I got married. I told jokingly to tell her son to get a diamond nose pin for me. She said why not? But she didn't force me after that even though all my co-sisters are wearing it. Till now I haven't pierced my nose.

9. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

I can't believe girls are forced for nose piercing. And we call it Modern India! :bonk

10. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I was not asked to pierce nose as my SILs are not having pierced nose...but I was adamant even if my in laws will say I will not get it piereced...it is my nose and I will decide what I have to do with it...

but one of my frdn had to go thru it....She was my roommate and she was asked by her MIL to pierce her nose....she did it...but it went bad and she developed some infection...so she removed the nose ring...it got closed....again her MIL get her nose piereced....

somehow she managed....but hole was very little ...she was not able to wear anything else except a ring made of thin wire....so her MIL get her nose pierced third time.....
    it was height really...I don't know why gals bear so much.....while she is very intelligent, independent, earns more than her husband still she bears everything and some people says that being independent is the solution of these problems....

Last edited: May 29, 2013