1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forced to pierce the nose!!!Anybody else???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shakambari, Sep 5, 2009.

1. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

You are right ,Vidhkarthik.

Even I felt so.

Moderators,Please step in and look inlo this persons motives and

please do the needful.

2. staj555

staj555 New IL'ite

I remember it was about a month after my marriage . My DH had left me and gone abroad, I was to join him a few months later. My PILs took me to a trip with them. Apparently, they were visiting my FILs friend who happens to be a cosmetic surgeon. We reached his home at night and the next morning as I was waking up, I heard my PILs discussing a nose job for me with the surgeon . I was so shocked. No body forced things on me before and especially since I had a phobia for all medical procedures. I would cry even to undergo a blood test and it would bring my dad to tears.

I was very upset that they didn't bother to ask me or my DH beforehand and took me to this trip under the pretense of visiting somebody. Thankfully, the surgeon said my nose was not all that flat and the side effects of doing the job overweighs the benefits. It avoided all the confrontation a new bride would have had with the in-laws. The only reason I would have gone through such a thing is if it would make me look better and made my DH happy.

Anyways, looking back I try to forget all these things seeing my in-laws behaviour over the time. I give them the benefit of being first time PILs (I"m the eldest DIL) and they didn't know where to draw the boundaries. Now, I share a pretty good relationship with them. I try to behave well with them , they try to be good to me when we are visiting them, which is once in a year. We talk to each other over the phone on a regular basis in between.

3. svb

svb New IL'ite

To pierce OR not pierce , to wear Saree OR not wear all the time , to learn music and dance OR not to learn , To work after marriage OR not to work, to eat veg OR eat non veg , to speak a particular langauge OR not to speak, to buy a jewellery OR not to buy ,to follow demeaning tradition or rituals OR not...

Are we not ADULTS just like Boys , they are not forced to do what they refuse.Dont we have our minds.
    But it is our fault that many of our fellow ladies agree to the nonsense and hence they folks in society learn to force easily.

PLEASE SAY A NO AT RIGHT TIME !!!

3 people like this.
  4. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I was forced to pierce the nose before my wedding. This was a special request from my ILs. I did it. Later, during my delivery i had to take the nose ring out. this resulted in closure of the hole. I continued with it. did not pierce it again.

5. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi even i was asked to pierce my nose before my marriage. I didnt like it but because my IL's family asked me to do (My DH's granny wanted to give me a small diamond nose ring:hide:) so my parents told me to do it. But i couldnt say no to my parents strictly and had done that.But even now i dont like the nosering on me but after having put if i take it looks even more odd so i still have it.

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Thank you ,Moderator for removing distasteful posts from this thread.

7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

My MIL didn't insist anything for me. But she humbly requested to atleast have a stone bindhi during marriage as it is reqd for Kanyadhan. I did that. Ofcourse my MIL has both her nose pierced and many piercings in her ears. But she left it to my choice. On the contrary she wanted to me to get 'Samashnam (A tradition in which your family jeeyar, get a Sangu mark and chakrram mark in you right and left arms). This is very important to participate in religious events for us. I didn't like that idea and kept postpning it till 3 years after our wedding. But she is a very caring MIL (she does everything at home, gets my box ready,cooks dinner for me etc., etc., Always ensures buy the same type of dress to her daughter and me).I was touched by her and finally thought why can't I give up on this one and finally got it done Jan 2009. She was happy about it. But I wouldn't have agreed if I would have NOT agreed if I would have got a worst MIL :)

8. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

my MIL asked me to do before marriage but my DH refused telling it is out of fashion and wont look nice on me( THANK GOD).. Great escape... however i wored artificial press type nosering for my marriage and seemantham just to satisfy elders :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  9. subgay

subgay New IL'ite

:spini too never liked the idea of piercing the nose..but i had to...it became septic then i removed it once for all....she insisted to pierce again i nver did..subha

10. shridevi

shridevi New IL'ite

well this gonna be a late reply.But i would like to share with all.Even before marriage wen my in-laws came to my place my mil n sil's suggested to go fr nose piercing. but i just smiled off n said no.

even after marriage also my mil n fil tried to impose the same thing on me again thru my DH. Once he was also convinced. And on the same day v visit our regular jewellary shop n the owner being nice friend of my in-laws also said the same thing. i was pissid off hearing it again n again.

Again my MIL insisted me to go for it but thr only upfront i Told my DH n MIL tht I dnt like it n I wnt get it done.

Ten they realised tht its of no use pushing off on me so they left it.

1 person likes this.