1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forced to pierce the nose!!!Anybody else???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shakambari, Sep 5, 2009.

1. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Very right Rihana. Noone thinks what the girl will feel. Already tense with hundreds of thoughts particularly if its arranged marriage. And all pressure coming on her. But I have noticed if you are firm, without getting into arguments you can say a strict NO and stop further discussions. Its my body i'll decide what to do and i don't want to give any explanations.
    Vaidehi

2. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hi Rihanna
    thanks for appreciating my point of view... its just that these traditions ( only where the lady is concerned) which are quite insensitive really get me angry.
    the other practices like dowry/ breaking of bangles when husband dies / forced to change eating habits/ dressing habits when husband dies... etc etc....
    they have to be stopped... Someone somewhere has to bring a change or else our society will continue marching backwards in time whilst India continues to marching ahead to emerge as a super power in this century!!
    K

3. jayam1010

jayam1010 New IL'ite

Shakambri,

I fully blame the girls parents for subjecting her to something she is not for...

If they had firmly put their foot down- what would have happened?

Maybe engagement would have got cancelled-but that is nothing in comare with pushing the girl into a high handed family who dont respect her likes and self esteem.

At least , they could have postponed the Nose job to a later date when the girl is mentally ready for it- may be they felt it is a done thing- so what?

I still remember the pain and mental scar it gave me when I got my nose pierced when I was in college as my aunt , mother and grandmother
    decided to get the ceremony done and the excuse was it should be done before marriage.

But my sister and cousins loved it and my cousin later got her other side pricked- more pain and blood-and wore two nose studs because that is her idea of grace and traditional beauty

.t is her wish-not mine.I shall not do piercing for my DD or Dil.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I am on a roll to slam such inconsiderate jerks. Maybe the DIL should have told her MIL that she would subject herself to the nose piercing if the MIL would subject herself to a brazilian waxing :coffee

Such is the way to treat inconsiderate people - with cutting remarks that will shut them up forever.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    2 people like this.
  5. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Dear Shakanbari

I was going through all the threads , interesting .
    Mine was done in the same way but I accepted it gladly. If you get time pls go thru my experience which is already there in this web.
    Bye
    Soma

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Itz the other way round in my case...my SIL wears a small nose ring and shez 10 yrs older than me...my MIL left it to me to decide...I have a sharp nose and felt it would suit me but DH was firm that I didnt do it...he didnt want me to go thru the pain...I juz luv him for the care he shows :kiss...and no, I did not get it done...

7. Meharnisa

Meharnisa Silver IL'ite

yes!
    Same thing was happened to my friend Roopa.

8. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

Yes,

My MIL also said ..its must in their side....But she dint know tht i wont have it before marrige.After marriage she saw and said.

Actually i like nose-ring or any nose jewel but kind of scared of pain.
    I tried those nose-rings without-requiring-the -nose-hole stick on kind ,they never suit me so forget ...hole.....

But it shouldnt be like ego problem that if not done ...no marrg or no eng,
    if ppl are like that ,then better not to get married into this family.if nobody can agree on a 1/2 inch nose pin ;-)

9. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Even I was asked by my MIL .They had bought that nose thing in Gold for me already.But I said NO and wore a stud type instead for reception.

I pity those poor girls who didn't want to but had to:hide:!!

10. chitracv

chitracv Senior IL'ite

I still tremble with chills whenever i recover my nose piercing event. my M.I.L. insisted that i shouldpierce my nose as it is a tradition in their family although my elder co sister has not pierced. my mother , a working lady escaped easily telling me that my M.I.L will take me to achari and she said there is no question of no to it (as my M.I.L. is my mom's brother's wife). M.I.L. took me to achari first he marked on my nose asked whether its right then he took a sharp long gold needle pirced it into my skin and i had fainted by that time he then removed needle and decorated it with nosepin all this in my unconsious state as told to me by my M.I.L. then sprinkled me with water and Baba's udi when i woke up i had nosepin on my nose. MIL wanted to take me home by rickshaw nobody turnedup as my house was only a km from achari shop .we both walked to home , on the way scared MIL bought me apples, Bread, icecream, and also a Frooti pack. later she told the incident to my FIL (who was my dearest Maternal Uncle) and to my DH got nice scoldings from them. this was a sort of amazing talk in my marriage.:bonk