1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forbidden Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

As a teenager, i loved him. He resided about 1 km away from my college and not in the way of my commute to college. Many times I would walk that one mile to just have a glimpse of him. Saved my pocket money for him. Many times I have kissed him, held him in my hands, bitten him with my teeth. I was and still am attracted towards him for his colorful personality and spicy nature. He was always on my mind and was always the first choice to be with for lunch or just an evening snack.

Moonsoon was full of romance with him. Nothing in the world was as dearer to me, then holding him in my hands with rain falling in a tune on the umberella and having a cup of tea with him.

There was a beach near our college and we girls used to go their many times. we had him join us as well. Sitting on the beach and watching the sun set, doing college gossips and having him beside - wow!! those were the "unforgettable moments".

Now, i am far away and married. Yet, i miss him. I long for him especially in the moonson season and whenever I go to the beach. I wish he was here.

Now, whenever I go to mumbai, i do go to visit him. I go near him but not closer, just to feel his aroma. I am jealous when i see other young girls having a hand on him. I also would like to do that but I can't. My stomach doesn't have the courage to handle that colorful personality and spicy nature. My life abroad has taken away the boldness and made my immune system weaker. My mind now questions about the hygine of the place he lives, it notices the flies and the insects that I never noticed earlier.

Once I tried to indulge in him while in mumbai. With great love, i held him, kissed him, bite him, just like earlier. However, my stomach couldn't handle the guilt and i was homebound and sick for a few days.

Now for me, he has just become a forbidden love. A love that shall always remain. A love that can't be replaced. I just have good wishes for him, live longer and may you get love from more girls like me. My Forbidden love - Mumbai's street Vada Pav.

Attached Files:

8 people like this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

:) nice description of your teenage love. I excepted it to be bhutta, but vada pav is also not less lovable yumsmiley

3. Akanksha1982

thanks padmaja. Bhutta is also delicious and a must have in monsoon or at the beach. I love it and still have it. It is much safer and less chance of disease as it is served hot. Pani Puri, bhel, sandwich, vada pav are unsafe and causes stomach upset for me now.

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Aks,

I thought you were referring to pani puri here :) , totally agree those days nothing mattered we gorged on street food...now it's different...health freaks that we have become...I liked the title of this post...really nice :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Akanksha,

Your title cautioned me not to enter your post but my curiosity got the best of me. I know Akanksha must mean something pretty simple and you didn't disappoint me. Vada pav, Pav Bhajji and Dahi Vada are my favorites and my wife used to like Pani Puri or Bhel Puri. We used to drive down to the Juhu Beach only to eat and come back.

If I go to Mumbai I would like to do that again but as you say, I may have a serious consequence for attempting to do so. I don't even venture anything close when I visit Chennai. Losing immunity is a great loss and there is no doubt.

Viswa

6. Akanksha1982

Thanks dear Scorpio. Yeah, now i always think did i really ate at these places. Glad to hear from you. Eagely waiting for some thread from you. take care.

1 person likes this.
  7. Akanksha1982

Thanks Viswa Sir. Didn't realize that the title will scare people.
    I have totally lost my immunity. when i visit India, everyday i boil water for the day and drink that only. Can't even handle food at relatives place or in a wedding. Just eat some hot stuff only (all germs are dead). The biggest problem is that relatives think as if they are eating bad food and i am great maharani to be so choosy. Becomes difficult to explain.

1 person likes this.
  8. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

O my God what a great love story....! Enjoyed it! Very true it's hard for us to eat all our favorites when we go out. I avoid as much as possible. To make my stay safe from falling sick.

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Oh you reminded me ...eating vadapav on the steps of bushi dam in monsoon ...any train journey to Mumbai incomplete without katraj station vadapav

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,
    i was born and brought up in mumbai and our life is around vada pao, pao bhaji, ussal pao, missal pao and all these things. now tha ti have shifted to jaipur we dont get these things here. i miss them.

So when i go to mumbai the first thing i do is grab a vada bao, rather two, with those onion and aloo bhajiyas, and hae a feast, with my wife glaring at me.

Ah , my stomach is churing. superb memory eh