1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

for sore throat

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by lmani, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Any suggestions for severe sore throat cannot swallow.

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Last week even i suffered from severe sore throat.This is what i did:

Mix little salt with 1 glass of hot water and gargle ur throat.This really helps a lot.Do this at 2 hrs interval.
    Drink hot water.
    Boil 3 glass of water,to this add little dhania seeds,jeera seeds,cinammon stic,turmeric,1 clove boil well.Strain this,add 1 table spoon honey a sip this little little.

Do all this,ur throat will become ok and all mucus will all come out.
    Get well soon my friend.:wave

Suji

3. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

Dear Lalitha

If your sore throat is that severe you may need more attention. Try to call a pharmacist and ask for a non-prescription chew medicines like Vicks 44 etc...it actually numbs the throat quickly and when used for a day (4-5 times) you will feel much better. I just went thru it last month. If you stay in US you can get it in any walmart store.
    Also until that you can grind cinnamon and mix it well with honey. It helps.

GET WELL SOON

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,

Here is one more candidate for the sore throat sufferers!
    Have been down with it for the whole of past week and am still not fully back to normal :(

Imani, I went on web and was surprised to see that chilli powder mixed in water and gargled is supposed to help. I tried! You can substitute few drops of Tabasco sauce instead of the chilli powder! It did give me temporary relief. Normally, I do salt water gargling.

Chewing on throat lozenges helps too. Also Zinc lozenges are supposed to be good.

One common practice in Germany, where I used to live, is to wrap your neck with a wet cloth like a cotton handkerchief or some such thing. Now wrap a woolen scarf on top of this. It is like bandaging your neck...to give a better idea! And you sleep with it overnight. This surely helps with a very bad sore throat! I have done this in the past and also for my kids.

Mind you, all this will help as long as it is viral. If the infection is caused due to bacterial, only antibiotics will help. Hence, if you feel your lymph nodes around your neck and ears are swollen, do go to the doctor and get the right medicament.
    I am on antibiotics right now.

Best of luck......L, Kamla