1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

FOODS to speed up the METABOLIC rate in our body

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Mar 10, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Human body burns calories (energy) to maintain itself. The speed at which the human body burns the calories is called the metabolic rate.

A muscular body always uses more calories to maintain than a fat body. The excess calories are deposited as fat in the body, resulting in more body weight. For an over weight person the metabolic rate is slow, and the slow metabolic rate, the greater the weight gains. It's a vicious circle.

Some causes for slow metabolic rate are having high sugared foods like candy, cakes, sweets, cool drinks, oily foods, white bread, lack of physical activity, or in some cases fasting and low calorie foods etc.

Foods to speed up your metabolic rate are :

Vegetables like chillies, peppers, spinach, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli etc

Green tea is known for its property to increase the metabolic rate in the body.

Drink plenty of water as it boosts the body's metabolism.

Fruits like apple, oranges, grapes, lemons, berries, pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, mustard etc. are known to boost the metabolic rate of the body.

Whole grains like oats, cereal and granola speed up the metabolism.

Yogurt contains good bacteria and proteins pumps up the metabolism.

Almonds which contain essential fatty acids, rich in fiber and protein speed up the body's metabolism.

Eggs and chicken loaded with proteins are good in speeding up the metabolism.

The above mentioned foods increase the metabolic rate, BUT lifestyle changes like regular walking, deep breathing and regular exercises, yoga etc. make a dramatic effect on the metabolic rate.

The right type of food combined with a healthy lifestyle makes a greater impact on your body's metabolic rate.

Take control of life. Be wise and be fit.

2. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the info!...nice post

3. teddy12321

teddy12321 New IL'ite

Hey Mango!!!!
    Really nice post... very very usefull info...
    should we drink fruit juices with no sugar to get its original value?
    i ve heared that insted of Curd we should drink butter milk... is that true?

How do u knw about these info?
    tks vry much :bowdown

4. 4mangopeople

Hi teddy

Eating the fruit is always better, compared to the fruit juices. You tend to add sweeteners to the fruit juices and in some cases fruit pulp is removed, means fiber is lost.

We are advised to take a bowl/cup curds a day, whereas buttermilk is prepared with 2-3 spoonful curds. To beat the heat in summers you can have 2-3 glass full buttermilk.

Keep drinking water regularly.

Life is the teacher, I'm a student. My learning goes on and on and on.

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

useful post.
    thanx

6. teddy12321

teddy12321 New IL'ite

Hey Mango,
    Tats true..Eating fruit is better...
    I always use to ve fruit coz i dont like sugar...

One Bowl of Curd a day!!!! ????
    Is it true??? !!! if so, then it a real surprise for me.
    Coz i have heared many times from our elders tat curd will have more fat where as Moru(butter milk) will never cause any harm n will cool de body.
    so daily i make butter milk from curd. never use to ve curd, we are not using fat free milk or fat free yogurt.
    Did you got this advise from any nutritionist?

7. 4mangopeople

Hi teddy

Buttermilk is the fluid remaining when the FAT is removed. Since it is the end product of the butter making, it is considered good for those who have high cholesterol. Buttermilk free from the FAT/CREAM is beneficial for obese people and people with high cholesterol. Buttermilk without salt is good. Since buttermilk is prepared with plenty of water, is good for re hydration in summer season. People who otherwise keep consuming plenty of water in a day need not necessarily go for buttermilk.

Universally people consume curd as it is, no harm is done.

8. latham

latham New IL'ite

Hi Mango,:)

Good information...and thanks for sharing. I have noticed several times that, after eating sweet dishes, my energy level is reduced....so it is better to avoid more sweets.

with love

latha

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Mango,

Very useful and informative post.

By the way what is your name actually. You always come up with such posts regarding human body and health. That shows your interest and concern not only for your family but IL family as well.

10. Ddevi

Ddevi New IL'ite

hi nice information
    i am overweight so never take either curd or buttermilk because of fats myths in that .thanks for clearing all doubts