1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

FOODS that SHRINK the STOMACH

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 28, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

The reason for the belly bulge could be the bloat not the fat. Beat the bloat with a new easy menu.

First let's see which food causes the bloat.

Common salt makes you retain the water, puffing up the belly. Most of us are addicted to salt and an average person consumes double the recommended level. Go easy on salt, shake away the salt shaker.

Areated cool drinks, candy, soda, gum etc. are the foods to be avoided. Once the air reaches the digestive system, it is experienced as gas resulting in bloated belly.

Our stomach does not totally digest the artificial sweeteners found in foods like soft drinks, chewing gum, cereals, candy, cakes etc Bacteria in the large intestine ferment them causing gas and even diarrhea.

High volume foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, though healthy take up more room in your stomach. It is not a good habit to consume them in large portions. Distribute the consumption over the day.

Constipation makes the belly bloat. Eat the food rich in fiber such as lady's finger, cabbage, cucumber, potato, sprouts, leafy vegetables, broccoli, peas, carrot, cauliflower and fruits such as oranges, grapes, guava, pear, figs, peach, plum etc... Start the day with a breakfast cereal rich in fiber, which gets the digestive system moving.

Foods such as bananas, papaya, tomato sauce, orange, cooked spinach and potatoes rich in Potassium helps the body to flush excess water, reducing the belly bloat.

The imbalance of the bacteria in the digestive tract can cause the digestive system to slow down resulting in bloated belly. Yogurt which contains live bacteria (probiotics) balances the digestive tract, speeds up the digestion.

To shrink the stomach drink more fluids. Women who do not drink sufficient water can get the blown-up belly feeling.

Distribute the consumption of food evenly over the day. Kick the habit of having three meals per day, start eating little quantities every 2 - 3 hours. In this way the food consumed gets digested quick and easy, does not result in belly bulge.

Olive oil helps to burn the fat, lowers the cholesterol.

Instant oatmeal helps in burning the belly fat.

The food part is discussed in this post that shrink the stomach. In the following post I will discuss ' how to shrink the stomach the exercise way'.

Admin Note: You may also wish to read the following useful links

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/15372-fibre-rich-foods.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/69392-protein-rich-foods.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/130623-vegetarian-iron-rich-foods.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...bre-protein-rich-indian-foods.html#post241963

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

nice message!! post more and more!!

3. suryayasaswini

suryayasaswini Silver IL'ite

Nice information,
    all ur posts r really very imformative.
    thanks for sharing.post more.

4. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hi 4mangopeople
    nice and informative post. just like to tell my experience. sprouts and cabbage, are good in fiber but for some people they increase the bloating . beans should be soaked overnight and cooked well to avoid bloating. sprouts should be steamed before eating if one is a victim of bloating. hope my suggestions help.

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the info..

6. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

Thanx for sharing that useful piece of information.

7. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

8. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

9. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

10. rashmii

rashmii Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    i get constipated most of the times - so now i have made it a habit of drinking 1 ltr of water empty stomach early morning.Now the problem i am facing is BIG STOMACH or FLAPPY STOMACH.Once i attend nature call my stomach becomes flat and again when i have my breakfast or lunch i get that big stomach. My hubby says it is because of huge water intake.
    Is it true?????????????