food that do not get dried up

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rad, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

hi all

i am working and usually will leave home by 6.30. My husband leaves to office by 8.30. He has the breakfast at home bcos outside food does not fit him. Most of the time I prepare idly with chutney/sambar.....I feel dosas and any other food made by the time I leave gets dried up bfore he has it... Can u suggest some of the recipes that are quite nutritious and that do not get dried up soon....

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear rad,
    i dont know whether u like north indian food but stuffed chapathis with all veg inside is a great nutricious one, and if u can stuff it with shredded cabbage, carrots, beans if u want and bean sprouts which we use for noodles is a great supplement of the required vitamins, even fruit stuffed if he likes it sweet once a week,and a salad along with a cup of curd will give a moist finish to the lunch when taken together.

even idli should not be just packed we should dip it in oil on both sides with molagapodi if u want and or plain brushed with oil will keep it soft, like how we pack it for travels too. to make it any south indian food moist u need a sambhar to help u solve with dryness.

semiya upma when made with a little extra of water does wonders with some sambhars...

in india most offices had microwave for corporates so anything given once heated takes a nice effect and makes it soft to bite into...

sunkan