Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Sanchita123

Sanchita123 New IL'ite

hello ladies , I just entered my 3rd trimester and due in April. This is what my dietician recommendated to follow ( which I try following as much as possible ):
    1. Warm water -2 cups first thing in the morning and 8 soaked almonds
    2. Breakfast - Upma / poha with lots of veggies that u like , 1 boiled egg
    I crave for tea ,so I drink 1 small cup in the morning .. but better avoid coffee / tea if possible..
    3. Around 10 am- tender coconut water n some cucumbers or apple or any whole fruit ( I take guava/pomegranate/ sometime watermelon etc )
    4. 12:30 lunch - rice , dal, one green sabji(methi/spinach/or any thing that u like) , one more sabji ( I take either karela/ bhindi/ cabbage/cauliflower/beet) , sometimes I take non veg food like chicken curry with rice n veg raita, salad ..that day I skip greens as I feel bit heavy..
    5. 4pm - buttermilk.
    6. 6:30 pm - I eat a banana or a plain cucumber sandwich depending on how hungry I feel .
    7. Before 8pm I finish dinner - 2 roti + sabji , one cup dal from the lunch menu .
    8. 10:30 pm - one glass of milk with turmeric.

My doc advised to drink milk daily n at least 2 small banana per day to overcome constipation and so far I m doing good with this remedy ..

She also adviced me to take almonds/ walnuts , I have read that it’s good for baby’s brain development.

Completely avoid eating - papaya , pineapple, mangos, processed food , fish which are high in mercury content(shark etc ) , I stopped prawn too as I m not so sure if it’s good or bad .. and all sort of packed drinks / juices as they are high in sugar ..

30 mins walking everyday and I do mild yoga .. very easy ones (Lara dutta yoga steps from YouTube) ..

I avoid spicy food as I have a heartburn issue and I feel very uncomfortable if I eat anything spicy .. .. hope this helps !

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Devi321 likes this.
  2. kidsaremyworld

kidsaremyworld New IL'ite

Do we really have to increase the food intake ? I m already over weight . Can I control my weight gain with food ?>

3. Sanchita123

Sanchita123 New IL'ite

Hi there ...
    No , you do not essentially have to increase your food intake (like eating for two people etc is a myth) .. rather eat small portions of food at regular intervals .. include lots of fruits n salad as they fill you up too ..try drinking coconut water ..

your doctor will tell you how much weight you should be gaining during your entire pregnancy based on your pre pregnancy bmi and weight.
    Just try to be within the healthy weight gain range (as per ur doc suggestion ) to avoid BP and GD related issues ...

Brisk walking and healthy eating at frequent intervals will help you to be within the weight range.

Above all enjoy your pregnancy, bit of chubbiness & weight gain . Don’t worry too much !!

4. playanoel

playanoel New IL'ite

You can take healthy food and avoid tension. Also, One last think you should concern with the doctor, they will suggest you they best medication.

5. EmlyTurner

EmlyTurner New IL'ite

Hii dear,

You can take healthy food like oats and sprouts instead of oily food and avoid stress and do exercise regularly.

6. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

a pregnant woman can eat anything and everything she likes... there is nothing like hot food and cold food . this is what medical fraternity says

7. tobblessed

tobblessed New IL'ite

Hi

Im about to have my FET next month, so I wanted to know what kind of foods would be good to take it then & improve the chances of implantation.

My Mil is not supportive in any way as she wanted me not to have any kids at all, so she helping me by advising or even making anything and giving is out of question.

Im not a great cook myself, very average so please help me as to what kind of foods which are easily available & accessible the market can be consumed which can include what kind of specific dry fruits/fruits/vegetables?

Im a non vegetarian but not allowed to cook or bring home NV can have it only in the Hotel or hide it and bring it upto my room, as My doc asked me to have 2 eggs everyday, I've bought a Electric Water Boiler Kettle thats in my room and I boil the eggs in the kettle and have them

8. Rituuu2123

Rituuu2123 New IL'ite

Hi Vinitha,

Congratulations!
    Eating right is very important during pregnancy to ensure well being of both you & your baby. Before following any diet, I request you to consult your doctor. However, some of the basic healthy foods that one should definitely include in pregnancy diet are Eggs, Dairy Products, Nuts, Fruit & Iron. These are some of the healthy foods which should be a part of any pregnancy diet to ensure proper growth of a would be mother & the baby. You can know more about Pregnancy diet tips at the official website of Pampers India. Do let me know if this helped you. It helped me alot during my pregnancy.

9. Rituuu2123

Rituuu2123 New IL'ite

Hi Vinitha,

Along wih
    Hi Vinitha,

Congratulations!!!

Along with the iron rich foods mentioned above, it is equally important for you to exercise during pregnancy. As it will help to keep you & your baby healthy during your entire nine months of Pregnancy. For exercises & tips on Pregnancy exercises, visit the official website of Pampers India.

10. Sharmilabanu12

Sharmilabanu12 New IL'ite

Take your child to a pediatrician near your locality and have a thorough check if it is a peanut allergy or some other. If it is a peanut allergy, then take advise from the doctor to treat the allergy. Peanut allergy needs proper treatment to avoid severe reaction in future.