Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Shilpak2303

Shilpak2303 Senior IL'ite

Re: Check Here : Tips to a healthy diet during Pregnancy

Hi Binduma,

My cousin travelled from UK to India, which i think is around 8-10 hours, in her 6th month. She had someone book the front seat for her (just after business class) , which was convinient. Else she was fine and had no major issues except a lil fatigue, and quite a few trips to the bathroom during the journey :))

Shilpa

2. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

Re: Horse gram in pregancy

I ate it 3 or 4 times and I'm 31 weeks pregnant now nothing happened so don't worry. I have to call my mom and ask if it is true though.

3. Vipula

Vipula New IL'ite

Re: foods for brain development

I've heard that food rich in omega3 is very helpful for the development of brain.the natural sources to get omega3 is walnut,walnuts oil, daal like urad and rajma,flaxseed oil,mustard seeds and green leafy vegetable.you can try sea fish..i don know the name of the fish..i'm vegie.
    recently a friend of mine has been suggested by her
    Check out with your doctor.

all the best

Could you suggest recipies which are contain Omega 3. What is the Flax Oil? How can we prepare recipies with Flax Oil. I am pure Veggie . I am 3 month Preggie. Please suggest me Omega 3 rich food.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  4. Vipula

Vipula New IL'ite

Please suggest Omega 3 contain food for veggies. I am 3 month Preggie. Please suggest the omega 3rich food. What is Flaxseed oil? where can we get it in US?

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

try to eat flexseed bread, walnut, soyabean.

6. spinky

spinky New IL'ite

Fish is really gud for brain development & I'm taking Primacare One Prenatal Vitamins which has Omega 3 fatty Acids. Though the vitamins are a bit expensive but it's worth it, as it becomes very tough to include Omega 3 contents in your daily food intake..

Hope this helps :)

Take Care

7. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Re: Check Here : Tips to a healthy diet during Pregnancy

Hi ILs

One of my classmate told me that during pregnancy woman should take protein powder and there is another milk powder in UK to take during pregnancy for the baby complexion. she mentioned to me before a year ago and she has a baby girl with perfect complexion. do any of you heard of it?

Sharmy

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Hi,

Horse gram increases your body heat and thats why it's not advised during pregnancy, that too during the first trimester. This is something similar to "pappaya should not be taken during pregnancy". When I was pregnant with my first kid I asked the doctor whether I can have pappaya and she said yeah 1 or 2 pieces, but try avoiding in bulk. So you can take little once a week or once in 10 days.

Cheers,
    Malar

9. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I ate horsegram, papaya, sesame, pineapple etc during all phases of my pregnancy and I have a cute li'l one now too. So don't worry. Just eat in moderation and try to eat properly ripe fruits (papaya, pineapple, etc) to avoid indigestion.

-L.

10. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

I was told not to eat it as it increases body heat! So why to take rish with baby!