Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: Does anyone have a dietician ercommended Food chart for pregnant women

Forever Positive,

Thanks for your feedback.Yes this is an interactive forum,even i have answered your questions in other thread (i remember one regarding doctors) but there was no interaction from you for my suggestion there (guess you are busy as you are working full time).

I dont know if my post here has hurt you,but i have never mentioned that your posts have caused boredom for me.Dont know where you got that word from.If i am right sunitha has mentioned that word (no offense meant sunitha dear).
    I take care to see that I never post anything that is offensive or hurtful to anybody.If me suggesting things is not taken in a good spirit then its better i stay away from your posts.

suji

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Does anyone have a dietician ercommended Food chart for pregnant women

dear Dimple,

I am not here for entertainment..since you are new here,thought
    I would just bring your attention to some rules in this forum.

Ok,you are working full time ..but I can't accept that you don't have time to search before posting..yes,I am a mom of two now,but I was in the same boat as you just 6 yrs back...working full time and then having a kid and working for 2 yrs after that too ,a total of 10 yrs.Again,no offense meant,but when anyone says,I am working full time,so no time for anything,I simply cannot accept it...where there is a will,there surely is a way!

3. user999

user999 New IL'ite

craving for hajmola

Hi All,
    I have a strange craving for hajmola.. I am in Netherlands currently, and I have asked one of my friends coming from India to get me a bottle of hajmola.. Please let me know if it is safe to have it during pregnancy... I am in my 16th week of pregnancy.

Thanks.

4. Sunita_2002

Sunita_2002 New IL'ite

Healthy diet

Hi,

I am living in los angeles, CA. I am pregnant with a week less for 5 months. So, by next week, I will be 5 months pregnant.

I eat lots of fruits and vegetables, chick peas, Rajma, black eye beans and all kinds of protein food. Also, I am takng 2 glasses of milk daily. Also, I eat fish once a week and chicken (but very less), egg(1 egg every day). For dinner, I try to avoid rice and eat whole wheat chapathi ( I prepare it myself at home)

As far as I know, I am eating healthy meal. But, my mother-in-law is with me and constantly nagging that I am not eating meat very much and not eating Indian sweets. Sometimes I don't feel bad, but sometimes, I am very much worried. I asked my mom, she said, whatever I am eating is good.

Do I need to eat rice in the night? also do I need to add sweets to my diet? Its not that, I don't eat sweets. Sometimes, like once in a week, I eat bit indian sweet and ice cream too..I am worried if I take more sweet, I would get diabetes. I am seeing american doctor and she said, whatever I am eating is good.

I tried to go for walking and my mother-in-law don't want me to go for walking. Whatever I try to do, she is saying, its not good. I really feel bad sometimes and I don't know what to do.

Please advise.
    Thanks
    Sunita

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Healthy diet

Hi Sunita,
    Welcome to IL! Your diet sounds excellent - Indian sweets for the most part have no nutritional value and only provide empty calories - you certainly dont have to eat them. Same goes for meat - if you are getting enough proteins otherwise then there is no need for meat. You dont have to eat rice at night - probably better not to in fact. And finally walking is very good for you - dont stop. Turn a deaf ear to MIL and continue with the great job you are already doing. Happy pregnancy!

Vanathi.

6. Ruci

Ruci New IL'ite

Re: craving for hajmola

Hi User999,

Hey what’s <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> name?

U know what.... I also have his craving for Hajmola....and I eat one tablet per day...though my husband warns me not to take it...but just cant control....and it helps me to avoid those vomit sensations....

I don’t know if it is harmful or not...but one tablet a day will not harm...this is what I feel...u can make parts of the tablet and eat small bits when u feel urgent...

As hajmola is too salty...it may be harmful for people who have high BP problem.....

U can also try ginger and lemon juice...mix them together...with little salt....it also works well...

Take care...

Bye

Ruci

7. user999

user999 New IL'ite

Re: craving for hajmola

Hi Ruci,

Thanks for your suggestion. My name is Shweta.
    hajmola actually helps me prevent those vomitting sensations.. i wil try the ginger and lemon juice which you mentioned.
    Thanks,
    Shweta.

8. Sunita_2002

Sunita_2002 New IL'ite

Re: Healthy diet

Thank you for your feedback.

I always feel that whatever I am doing it is good for me and my baby, But you know, sometimes, after coming from office, I feel tired and when my MIL says like that, I feel very depressing.

Earlier, she used to give me only pickle and I used to cook food for me.She don't like it as I am not eating pork etc. But, now, after knowing that, I am going to have a baby boy, she is nagging because I don't take either ghee sweets or non-veg.

Anyway, I believe, God is there with me and whatever is going to happen is good for me and my baby. Thank you for your suppport.

9. anithakarthik

anithakarthik New IL'ite

Help me with a healthy diet plan

Hi friends, how r u all? I'm anitha. I'm in my 10th week of pregnancy now. This is my second child. I was there in india for my first delivery with all my family members. It was a normal delivery. But, now, i live in singapore with my hubby n son. My son is 4 years old. Since there is nobody to guide me, i 'm worried.

Actually, my problem is i feel i'm not taking healthy food now. Actually, i love chapathies before. But, now i don't feel like eating chapathies at all. I eat idly or dosai, curd rice for lunch, and some fruits (apple/ gouva), bread with honey at night. I eat lot of roti pratas(instant). I know it's not healthy, but that only goes inside. If i eat anything else, it all come out.

I really want to have a healthy baby.So, I need a proper diet plan for me.

So, pls help me by giving ur valuable suggestions on wt to eat n wt not to eat.

One more thing, since my mother has diabeties my doctor advised me not to take sugar. I usually don't take white sugar. I'll use jaggery and honey. Is it ok?

Thanks in advance.

Anitha.

10. chitrasrini

chitrasrini New IL'ite

Horse gram in pregancy

Hi,

I am 6 weeks pregnant, someone told me that pregant women should not eat horse gram(Kulthi in Hindi, Kollu in Tamil). Is it true?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Chitra