Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Re: Check Here : Tips to a healthy diet during Pregnancy

Hi Friends,

I am in 13th week of pregnancy. I feel very hard to eat anything. Even I lost 3Lbs weight in last three weeks. I dont know what to do? My main question in what to eat in the morning? I dont like bread, cereal or any other South Indian tiffin items as a breakfast. I am very much confused... Please help me by giving some valuable tips...

Thanks in advance,
    Dhana Sathesh

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Dhana,

First it's very common to even lose weight in the first trimester. So don't worry about that. Continue taking your pre-natal vitamins... that's most imp.

For breakfast you can try a bowl of fruits mixed with fruit yogurt. I used to love that. I am not a b/fast person either and had to force myself with a slice of bread and nutella. But this one i used to like a lot. You can even chop the fruits previous night and store in the fridge. Add couple of raisins or nuts for added nutrients:)

Latha

3. spinky

spinky New IL'ite

Chinese food during pregnancy

Hi All,

I am 15 weeks pregnant rt now & I feel like eating chinese food. Just wanna confirm from you all ladies whether it's OK to eat chinese here in US.

Do they add MSG ? Planning to visit PF Chang's or Pei Wei this weekend ?

Can anybody suggest on this plz??????????

Thank you so much!!

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Chinese food during pregnancy

Spinky - This is what I found when I searched - can i eat chinese food? - pregnancy-info.net According to that site the places you mentioned dont use MSG but maybe you can ask before you go?

Vanathi.

5. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Spinky...Congrates...

I eat chinese all the time. But if you have concern you can always check. Good luck.

6. spinky

spinky New IL'ite

Thank you so much vanathi & amicable.

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Spinky I've always loved Chinese food, I ate it all through my pregnancy - just make sure they don't add MSG - I didn't see any issue with that. When I cook it at home I used low sodium soy sauce too.

-L.

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

WHAT to eat and WHAT NOT to eat

Hi All,
    A general question to all of you.
    As you all know when you become pregnant, all of a sudden you are bombarded with all sorts of advices from the people whom you know and from the people whom you dont even remember seeing them before :spin
    The typical and most common advice would be of course what you should eat and what you should not. And many a times there will be contradictory statements which would leave you utterly confused for your life :confused:
    To my surprise my mom and even my mom-in-law did not tell me to stop eating anything which I could eat otherwise. My gynae also told me that medically they dont disallow you to eat anything.
    But after seeing the hindi saas-bahu serials I came to know that Papaya should not be eaten (for what reason !!! may be it generates heat) so I am not having it. It's not that I love Papaya and cant eat it now.. in fact I hated Papaya since my birth i guess Harhar
    But some people told me that Papaya is great !
    In my office, few ladies warned me for not having Mangoes :cry: though I am eating them in moderation. If you google search for mango, it's written at many places that mango is rather good in pregnancy as it is a great source of iron :crazy
    Couple of my friends told me that Ragi is great source of calcium for a pregnant woman. The moment I thought of following it, somebady strictly advised not to have Ragi as again it generates heat :idontgetit:
    So.... i think there is no specific "carved on stone" rules for what to eat and what not to eat during pregnancy.
    What do you all think and say? Do you also hear such conflicting advices?
    As for me, I eat whatever I like to eat. But within limits. Hmmm... limit is what you decide for yourself :boo:

9. shalusaini

shalusaini New IL'ite

hello everbody,
    i am 5 weeks pregnant . i find this thread very useful. this is my second pregnancy but still i hav many questions . but this thread is very good. many useful and importnt tips has been provided from VIDYA , PRIYA , CHITVISH AND SO ON.

HPPY PERGNENCY TO ALL.

Shalu

10. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: WHAT to eat and WHAT NOT to eat

Monsi...

Unripe mangoes will cause no harm, but you should not eat ripe ones..There is a similar thing about papaya too, which I amnot sure. Though doctors nowadays allow papaya, majority ppl ask you to avoid it. My doctor asked me to avoid chikoo, ripe mangoes, pineapple, jackfruit, sesame seeds during the initial stages. I am not sure whether one can have them later in pregnancy, but I have avoided them so long.

Radhee.