1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food habbit after marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coolcool, Jun 6, 2007.

1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi cool cool

well ur name itself is damn neat yaar...my sugegstion is dun bother abt what others say when u eat ..u just enjoy ur food n do justice to the stomach...well after all what do we earn for???for eating and being happy right...well not many ppl cant eat well n stay slim..dun worry ...am there in tht list too.......just do what u feel is right....enjoy life to the fullest !!!!:-D

lov
    sowmi

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies!

i have been reading all the feedbacks posted here and the ideas which u all have been suggesting. After reading those i feel like discusiing my share of worries too . i m sorry my problem is little diffn from the title of thread but i thought this would be the app place to post my concerns.

My mil is a possesive lady, who doesn't like her dil and finds me as a barrier between his son and her. my husband is very caring and loving not only to me as well as his mom. but due to his proffesional commitment he finds very little time for the family , and whatever time he gets free he spends with me and my son. this has made my mil very insecure and she has started hating me all the more. she finds new ways to just humilate me in all possible way. this has been going on for quite a while now. now i have become so depressed that i hate my mil like anything. i just cannot forget the torture she has done it to me and it keeps comming into my mind quite often.

intially i used to keep mum and just forgo everyting for the sake of my hubby,but it was taking a toll on me. then slowly i started answering her back and it has created a fight scene in our house every other day. i have tried all way s to make her understand but she throws some or other tantrums. she takes advantage spl when we go out for parties or any public functions there she takes oppoutunity and keeps bad mouthing abt me to others. she knows that we won't say anything to her in public and she can tae the grudge on me.

My life has become very miserable and very clueless abt my life . we are notr able to send her anywhere since she is a widow , she has got one more son who is in US but he literally avoids this lady and puts the whole burden on us.
    i m really helpless and very depressed .

vaidehi

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

I liked priya's comment.Dont be a cool cool girl be smart.

I am a pure non veg, wife and kids pure veg,but i never forced them to eat nv ever.

Each to their own.

My maids cook for me,we hae seperate pots and pans.

What u can do is,eat some in the kitchen,and infront of them eat little.

Or as priya says, tell them it is not in good taste to comment.

Take it with a pinch of salt.Hubby jokes with u,dosnt he.he never stops u from eating.So relax and have a good time.And dont feel guilty.Regareds and good luck.kamal