1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food for kids that can be taken in flight?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sanjuruby3, Feb 25, 2016.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

this many be redundant thread but i thought of posting anyways for all my doubts or your suggestions at 1 place. As I am flying with my 20 months old kid and now she eats most of stuff, I am still nervous about food and flying time zones.

What kind of food items can pass security or suggested that won't spoil? I have 2 legs.

Dry stuff may pass easily but what about things like yogurt milk?
    1. Cracker - Os, puffs, goldfish
    2. Raisins, nuts packs
    3. Cookies
    4. Poori or parantha - will it pass? stay soft?
    5. ragi laddus etc?
    6. Bananas etc fruits., - not sure if they pass. I will try if i can find it past security
    7. Formula for emergencies. I know she won't drink it
    8. Milk - If I take a carton of mine, will it pass? there are chances to get small carton past security shops but my LO takes non-homogenized whole which comes rare and in big packs. She gets constipated from other forms;:roll: Now don't ask how/why..I do ont know how her body acts but we got proof when we could not find non-homo in market nad had to give regular organic whole for few days.
    9. yogurt - is most important for her. So i will buy small packs. Will it pass?

I have ordered child meal in flight but I do not want to depend on it as she might not eat it and I think she does not like non-indian food or mac/cheese or even purees. At home she won't eat all that.

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

I understand your concern , but am foxed about your two legs! We all have Two legs only and how are they related to your query? whaatsmiley

Anyway, I think most of the foods you can take, but first talk to your airline. They also supply baby meals, fresh foods and fruits. Biscuits, masals Puris, Parathas , sandwiches, Mathris, I have taken them all, but now times are changing and new rules are coming up.
    DO check with the airline.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think I posted in hurry.. might be in office. Ha hah.. I meant I have 2 legs of journer/flights in whole trip. Thats really funny how it got related to human legs ha ha my bad english.:)

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Except for milk, you can take everything else. You might be able to carry small boxes if milk as well for the child. I usually carry yougurt and fruit squeezers, crackers etc without any issues. Airlines provide milk and baby food as needed. You can also ask for fruits and yogurt.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Thanks for clarification. :p This kind of typos happen. Otherwise your English is good. All the best for your journey.

7. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

If you could get 8 ounce tetra pack for milk, they are permissible. You can carry roti-rolls, methi parathas or aloo parathas and any dry subzi. Also, instead of ladoos, make burfi its easier and safe. Cheese cubes, paneer cubes, fruit rolls, also once the security check is done you can purchase any fruit on the airport. Milk is provided in plane too, same with yogurt.