1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Food for a flat tummy

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sudhara, Jan 8, 2010.

1. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi pals,
    At the outset, let me wish all ILites a very HAPPY AND PROPEROUS NEW YEAR. The belated wish is because I am logging in nearly after a month or more. I was busy with my office routine that I didn't find to log in for a sec and browse the site. Anyways, a big HI to all.
    Just logged in to the site and saw Laxmi's post calling for entries on healthy food. I am here to share my experience.
    Being a working mother, I find it very difficult to go out for workouts. Yes, I enrolled myself for yoga but it didn't last more than a few weeks, thanks to my erratic working and sleeping schedules. As mine is a desk work, and more so, had to work on the systems more than eight hours a day, I was gaining weight especially around my waist. Many in my family used to make subtle remarks about that. I couldn't stand it. I checked with my mother and some of my friends who said it is normal after a delivery. But I was not convinced and wanna do something about it. It was too disturbing that I even tried skipping lunch a couple of days. but that resulted in headaches and irregular appetite that landed me in snacking too much. Then one of my friends suggested me to have corn flakes in the morning for breakfast, some vegetables or fruits with a cup of rice for lunch and a light tiffin in the night, say two to three chappatis (suka roti). Since I am working I found it hard to make these things on a regular basis. especially lunch. I cannot carry too many boxes and allow others make fun of me or call me a glutton. I was too perplexed. Then decided to redo my breakfast schedule. I started having cornflakes with just five almonds in that with raisins in milk. Almonds, researches say, besides being healthy has the tendency to shrink the tummy rather the extra flab. So with a belief I started having my breakfast like this. and WOW! it works. I may not have an hour-glass figure, which all of us would dream about, but yes my tummy has reduced to a larger extent. The first one to praise me was my husband. He was very happy to see me getting BACK TO SHAPE.
    I felt very happy and I continue to have only corn flakes or oat flakes with some fruits added to it. It works wonders. you can try it too. It is healthy as well as serves the purpose.

1 person likes this.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi sudhara,

Good that your new diet is working out well :thumbsup Me too having corn flakes/muesli and milk....i rarely have fruit but i include some healthy nuts or dates...i don't have a big tummy still it is not flat enough..so with your inputs i am going to positively continue with this habit...and my 2 cents are...consider your dinner too..thatz the main reason for increase in weight and tummy...try to have a balanced diet for dinner..all the best...wish many of our friends to cotnribute useful tips here

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudhara,

I got some motivation from you.. Well I also eat cornflakes but adding almonds for tummy reduction is a good idea. Please tell what other things you do for this apart from this light breakfast??

Thanks,

4. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi Cinduja,
    That was a good idea. Let me try having it for my dinner too.
    Thanx a ton,.
    sudhara

5. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi deepali,
    Good to see that I can motivate people through my words. That great yaar. Apart from this light breakfast I do some workouts such as stretching, skipping, and hip exercises that was taught during the few weeks when I attended the yoga session. Psss... I am planning to resume yoga but when only god knows. hardly find time yaar. Now that I am running a tailoring unit half my time is spent at my office and the rest apart from sleeping is spent at the shop. it;s too tiring yaar.
    sudhara

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanx for sharing, i also have cereal with milk for breakfast...but not regularly , i should make it a habit

7. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

I have muesli for breakfast daily...
    does that count?
    I sometimes miss breakfast and have idli in canteen...but now with all u girls motivating me, i will stick to muesli...