Food for a dog!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Varloo, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Varloo

They are ssssssooo cute . wish somobody would adopt them !!!

I am coming ... coming ... but thought you were coming home for Navarathri?

cheers

Bhooma

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhooma,
    I would love to come over, but let me see. I have no idea about Aravindh's schedule. Now the quarterly exams are going on. Please tell me on which day you are organising the meet, I shall try.
    Would somebody be interested to adopt one of them? They look so cute, but I will not be able to care for them.

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Varloo,

I just now happened to step into this thread..
    Wow...so nice of you to take care of the stray puppies:clap. As most of them have suggested thayir saadam is a preffered by the doggies...I think even rice with just plain milk too..

the pics of the puppies are too cute...it must be a nice watching them sleeping cuddled together ..one upon the other, isn't it:))

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Yes, it is really nice watching them. Now the mother had become a watch dog for our house. We stay in the firs tfloor and she just lies down on the first step and guards ourhouse and her puppies too. Everyday, I look them up as soon as it is bright enough. My son too looks them up and asks me if I had fed the mother. Hubby makes it a habit to feed her something. Now she feels that her children are safe and goes off outside from time to time. That was when I took the photos.
    But, all babies are cute, aren't they?

5. mukilganesh

mukilganesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo

It is people like you who make this world a better place. I feel God has saved those puppies and their Mom through you. I guess you must be an angel in disguise!

I have only saved kittens, so cannot advice you on what to feed a dog, but eggs, milk and rice sounds healthy to me.

Well said about the current condition of the world. When a dog could save a human baby, why not a human, some puppies ?

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Varloo,
    Thanks for sharing the pictures of puppies, they are really cute..

sriniketan

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hey gals,
    with a very heavy heart, I sent those 4 cuties to the Blue cross shelter yesterday. I could not care for them, they are getting too much for me.I and my family, specially hubby, miss them very much.
    I hae been feeding them milk 2, 3 times a day. My husband would mostly give it to them. We kept 2 terracota containers for them and would pour in both. They will drink fast fast and would then feel lethargik once fed well and go an cuddle up under the stairway. The problem was, one female started to sickle on the private part of its brother, mistaking it for its mother's teet. And it swelled up and that had difficulty in walking and used to whin when it started to suckle. After sometime, it stopped protesting.
    As I opened the grill gate in the first floor, they all would come out of their place and roam around waiting for us to give them milk. And they will follow whoever goes down, to pick up the milk packets, newspape, or when me and my son wait for his school van. Son was not afraid of them and he would just stand when they all would crowd around him. They started to pull his shoe string too.
    And hubby was the fav. Just as he would come from office, they will all go running and surround him, making small noise. They would even follow him when he goes out, but safely run inside in a minute. They knew their place well and were very careful about not going out. It is really wonderful how they knew all these inspite of the absence of their mother. I guess they earned for human company and petting.
    The man from BC told me that they look fine and would be taken for adoption soon. I am happy that they will be cared for.

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Varloo,
    I somehow missed this thread. The puppies are looking so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The white with brown spots looks very active and cute. Nice to know that they are fine and are put for adoption. You and your family did a great job taking care of the mommy dog and the puppies.:bowdown

best,

9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo Madam,

I am touched by your gesture !!! Nice to see the cute little puppies ! Lovely snap...

With love,

10. andy

andy New IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Appreciate your kind nature and God bless you

here are some tips that you can do to make them comfortable and give the pups gift of a healthy life(this is from my experience)

1.you can provide a gunny sack for them to sleep on-many pups die due to cold
    2.once they open their eyes and can move about (i am sure they have now) you could keep a bowl of milk for the pups. Be cautious of the mother ,although the mother-dog might trust you ,the parental instincts may take over.do not hate the dog if she growls at you..after all a human mother would behave the same way if her child felt threatened.
    3.keep a cardbox box (on its sides) near the pups if you can,they simply love to cuddle up inside them at night and will keep them warm.

4.PLEASE PLEASE contact the corporation or local animal NGO's and get them spayed /neutered. they tag the neutered dogs and such dogs will not breed in your neighbourhood and also the dog-catchers will not take them away.

the dog and her pups are lucky to have to find you :)

-regards
    A