1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Following Untouchability? Here I am....Ancient Experiences in Modern Times

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by drnamshara, Sep 10, 2014.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg: No words to explain my feelings....which generation they are living in.......:bonk

2. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I remember following all these except the tamarind stuff when i was at mom's place..and my DH told me that(before marriage) told me In-laws also follows these strictly,infact no one should see fer face:hide:...so..if I have to walk during that time..someone has told hold a towel or bedsheet across me so that I wont be seen..forget about the traveling....:)

first of all,i feel it so embarrassing to discuss about this, made as some world news by people discussing..and on top of it,this business..

I take the meds from the doc to make sure I dont get this time of the month,whenever I am at in-laws place..usually few weeks( as we stay at a different place...now I can see how lucky I am...)..when MIL came here to stay with us..i never even bothered to tell her that I am in the time of the month...its just that i dont goto pooja room..and on the 4th day..i just sprinkle the turmeric water around the house..to be honest,i dont no why I do that..i read it somewhere..

I completely agree that this is some hormones etc..and the reason why intially we were asked to sit separate is,since we get so tired during that time..we shoule be taking rest...but i have seen people using it conveniently to torture as well:)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

My cousin got a marriage proposal where the MIL follows these kind of rules. They were honest and informed right at the beginning. My aunt was dead against this match just for this one reason. All hell broke loose at their home with my uncle and other family members blaming her being stubborn. Most people never understand what someone goes through when they are forced to do stuff.

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

One question- Why should the entire world know when a woman gets her period?

On the other hand, if someone told me to sit in a corner and not touch anything, I would have walked around touching everything including the person asking me not to touch. I have low threshold for nonsense.

7 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I am truly shocked at how little women are willing to fight for their basic dignity. No tradition ,culture or religion is an excuse for treating a fellow human like a filthy impure animal.If people can't fight for basic dignity...what good is our education. Why even bother about bigger issues? Lets start first by trying to not be humiliated every month for having the ability to reproduce.Some times it just makes me feel ashamed of our so called traditions and culture.

10 people like this.
  6. yellowmango

Three cheers to your aunt....she has more spine than the rest of the family put together.

6 people like this.
  7. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Hey.. this happened with me too. my doc told me that, breastfeeding keeps periods at bay.. I was bfing my DD till she was 18 months old.. and dint get my periods until she was 1 year old..

so tat part may be true.. ;)

2 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

It is true.Brest feeding delays it but not always.On must still take precaution against pregnancy.

9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Ur mil is one jobless woman girl! I mean i have nvr seen anyone who is soooo jobless in their life!!
    Half of india's population will come to know when u are having ur days, like this!!

n ur husband is okay with all this?!

nxt tym tell her u dont get periods, u just dont get them, what is she goin to do?! Check?!
    just tell i dont get them, i am a future species, periods not required for us!!

Ps: but i think ur mil can chk also, she is total jobless woman!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  10. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Look extra sexy during those days, dress up, make up, new hairstyle n just make sure u look extra beautiful,

in the bedroom wear revealing clothes...

make sure he is seduced without touching him and see how he stays without touching you!

============

My mom - just not to enter puja room, not to attend religious fest, that is about it.
    My MIL - not to enter puja room, not to attend religious fest, take head bath as soon as i know, and on 4th day. not to cook something which is to kept long term - say 'achar'

I slowly stopped head bath part and achar part...

Urs is not even 17th century...it was not in mahabharat time....if u read they have talked about just 'snan' n then king n queen having it...after the time of the month....

so ur MIL made up few things....i think, again i do not know SI rituals.

5 people like this.