1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flushable wipes for toddlers

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by jignasha27, May 23, 2012.

1. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Are any of you using this or used this to wipe your toddlers bottom (talking about poopy bottom). at home i first clean and then wash him in tub. but was wondering how to deal while travelling. i also saw consumer reports and also read many reviews about this flushable wipes which actually do not dissolve like regular tissue in water. they might end up blocking the water and resulting in accident. so have any one of you used this. if not how to manage during trips or air travel. please advice.
    not sure whether these type if questions are allowed here?????

note:am talking about wet flushable wipes here not baby wipes that we use. does anyone know these.

Thanks.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jignasha...
    I have an idea i think you can carry out... Why dont you carry small disposable plastic bags/ garbage bags... so that you can collect the wipes and dispose off at the bin in rest room of hotel or wherever you see restroom bins...

3. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

I use to carry Pampers wipes or Sebamed wipes two packets + some small size plastic carry bags.
    wipes are hygenic + good. Then pack the dirty diapers + used wipes in the plastic bags and throw it out.

or
    throw the used wipes in flushout

4. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

ok ladies i forgot to mention that am talking about wet flushable wipes. let me edit my post again. there are two different wipes. normal baby wipes which we use regularily. and there are wet flushable wipes which we can wipe and flush it. when he was baby i use to lay him on changing table and used baby wipes. but now hes toddler and i am sure he will not lay down on changing table.

5. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

I too talking about wet tissues PAMPERs brand is good and Also i like the fresh smell of SEBAMED wet tissues.

6. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks vjbunny and nijasav for reply.

as you both said i too carry a plastic bag in my diaper bag and also baby wipes. but till date we never travelled too long.

@nijasav

let me try pampers for only travelling. do you think we should use it at home while potty training. but even if i use i would not take a risk of flushing it.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

jignasha,

I do use them for my kids while traveling and sometimes at home - they are older and I find these quite useful. Thank fully I have not had any problem - should I say touch wood.

If it is for traveling, I would not hesitate to use them. I feel they come in very handy!

8. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

You can flush it. no probs.
    When my son was small and climate was chill, I use wet tissues only at home also. Washing and wiping was risky, since my son had wheezing problem.
    But don;t use wet tissues when you are potty training your kid.