1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Flower Making Tutorials

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by ramvino, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

Hai friends,
    i am going to share the tutorials for the flower making from various items...in that first we can see about cloth flowers......
    Soruce: Google Search

Fabric Flower:

[​IMG]
    Fabric flowers are always an easy way to embellish bags and accessories, and there are dozens of ways to make them

Start by cutting 5 squares of fabric, all the same size. For my flower I used 3-1/2″ squares, and the finished flower measures approximately 3-1/4″ at its widest point. You can make these in just about any size you want, but keep in mind that if they’re really tiny or extremely large, they may be hard to handle. You can also use more squares if you want, depending on the look you’re after. Lightweight fabrics are easiest to work with because they gather more easily and more tightly. I used a mid-weight hand-dyed cotton,
    [​IMG]
    Fold one corner of a square over to meet the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Finger-press to hold it in place.
    [​IMG]
    Thread a needle with a fairly long double strand of thread. I like to use something that pretty closely matches the fabric, in case some of the stitches aren’t completely hidden by the button later on. Don’t stitch along the folded edge.
    Note: I’m left-handed, so all this may look backwards to you.
    [​IMG]
    Pull the needle and thread to gather your triangle into a petal.
    [​IMG]
    If you can’t keep the fabric gathered tightly enough, it’s OK to stitch the corners together to secure, as I did on the petal below.
    [​IMG]
    With the same length of thread (don’t cut it off and start over), fold and stitch another petal the same way. You will be making a chain of petals.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Continue in this fashion until all 5 petals are made. Shape them together until you’re satisfied with the configuration, then stitch the corner of the last petal to the first one. You may also need to make some extra stitches on the back to hold everything in place. Once you have them all stitched together, you can fluff them and play with them until they look good to you.
    [​IMG]
    Next, stitch a pretty button to the center front (see photo at top of post). Make sure it’s large enough to cover the raw edges and stitching that will be visible in the center. At this point you may want to add a piece of felt to the back if you’re adding a pin back, or you can glue or stitch the flower to whatever you’re embellishing.
    Be warned, the back of your flower might not be very pretty, as evidenced below, but it’s unlikely that anyone will ever see the back anyway.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    3 people like this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

wow! very clear & useful and interesting tutorial Ramvino. Would like to give it a try. Kudos to your effort.

3. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

next one is Kanzashi flower..........
    from the step by step photos you can came to know abt the procedures for making flowers.....

Attached Files:

4. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

mira dear....wait and see others also.........not only this one i am going to share all types of flower making tutoirals..........

Attached Files:

5. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

next steps followed..........

Attached Files:

6. Vchintaravi

Vchintaravi Gold IL'ite

Thankyo Ramvino for the sharing and also for the pain taken

7. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

continued..........

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  8. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

thankyou very much chinta mam........wait mam let see others also mam............
    atlast the kanzashi flowers came out very well yahooooo.........!!!!!!!!!!!! and some of the pictures of kanzashi flowers.......

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ok dear. I waited for some time, didn't see any further post, thought you are going to post in different threads. Will see all the instructions. What kind of fabric need to be used, becuase in Kanzashi flower instructions, the fabric looks different where you hvae mentioned about right side & wrong side.

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the lovely tutorials with SBS procedure and photos. The result - very shortly IL will have more craft buddies!