1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flower Garden

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I was fascinated by the look of it as soon as I entered that beautiful flower garden. I was thinking how in the world it never occurred to me that I should visit this beautiful flower garden all these years. When the world keeps me busy to pursue all my desires, where is the time for me to look into such a beautiful flower garden? Perhaps, if I paid attention to the beauty of the nature, I would have realized that there is much more happiness in the nature than what I pursue so hard outside the world for my happiness.

Without much of brooding, let me get back to the beauty of the flower garden I have encountered. As a precaution I have taken a deep breath before entering this beautiful flower garden. The garden had seven sectors each one of them decorated with unique color and characterization. Even though each sector had its own unique characterization, it blended so well with the rest of the flower garden so well. My mind delved into the person who architected and designed this garden with extraordinary taste.

As soon as I entered the gate, I found the garden with the theme of red color in every direction I saw. Systematically, plants were placed at equidistance with Tulips and Hibiscus that are bright red in color. For some reason, my mind associated with that bright red color with sensations I encounter every day. My eyes refused to move away from the beauty of that red color spread over a long distance but my desire to enjoy the rest of the garden moved me away from that place.

When I entered the next sector, I saw the entire place decorated with orange flowers consist of Leopard, Lilly and Calendula flowers. Being a person living in Florida, my thought delved on the beautiful oranges that I used to see when we travel through countryside. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with thoughts of people who live around me and the people who are in need. I controlled my emotions and moved on.

The next sector of the garden was completely covered with yellow color flowers consist of Orchids, Daffodils, Lantana and Sun flowers whichever direction I looked. That bright yellow color brought me some intellectual thoughts as I thought of Sun flowers that open up nicely on the sight of Sunlight. I have learned a few lessons to draw energy that I need from the source. I have lost myself in that breathtaking beauty and motivated myself to move on further.

The following portion of the garden was decorated with plants producing green flowers such as Green Lace Gladiolus and Green Cattleya Orchids. In normal day to day life, I don’t see much of green flowers as much as greenery I enjoy in Florida in the form of trees, plantations and grass. I got overwhelmed with thoughts of how well I can execute things and how I can prevail to get things done.

The next portion of the garden was decorated with my favorite blue color. Hepatica, Anemone, Bluebells and Meconopsis plants were nicely planted and were properly nourished to blossom with beautiful blue flowers. When I viewed them for a prolonged period of time, I thought of principles and philosophy in life as my mind treaded into territories that I have conceptualized from my birth.

I have finally entered into a new territory of Indigo portion of the garden. The plants were blossoming with indigo color flowers such as Primrose – Primula ‘Adrian’, calla, King’s Lynn glads, anemone and aubergene. The sight of those flowers was breath-taking and triggered me to see the beauty of the world suppressing all my rational thinking. I was truly overwhelmed by my intuition forgetting the world I live in and the people I am surrounded with.

Finally, I found a beautiful pond at the end of the flower garden. I found that pond is flooded with beautiful lotus flowers with innumerous number of petals. Even though the lotus plants were located in the plant, the leaves and flowers were not soaked in water giving me the impression that they differentiated themselves from the root of the lotus plant. If I could learn that lesson of staying in the world without getting soaked in my desires and attachments, how good my life would be! Those who were wondering where this garden is located and what special experience Viswa is experiencing, there is a simple answer. Every one of us has this flower garden inside of us. I am talking about seven chakras consist of Muladhara (Red), Swadhisthana (Orange), Manipura (Yellow), Anahata (Green), Vishuddha (Blue), Ajna (Indigo) and Sahasrara (Violet). This beautiful rainbow garden begins from our base and ends at our head and gives us the ability to act differently at different circumstances. They are responsible for our sensational, social, intellectual, acquisitive, conceptual, intuitive and imaginative actions and reactions. I thanked the power that created this garden and decided to do everything to maintain it meticulously. I realized that all I need to do is to keep it as clean as possible and if it demonstrates its brilliance, it is the grace of the creator.

5 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Brother Viswa,

SAIRAM,

Well narrated, could sense as I started reading it is not the typical Garden, glad I had a Clue,

I don't know if you could recollect this:
    SevenChakras.jpg
    Yes !!! each one of us should understand the FLOWER GARDEN which bestowed in us by the Creator, Thanks for the initiation

5 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

you had my attention when you spoke of flowers and garden but i also somehow knew that it had to be something else. I have a confession before I move on, I had to look up some flowers that you spoke of just to see them and enjoy their beauty :) That said I wish it were that easy to see those colors and flowers as easily inside of me as I see around me! sigh. Perhaps that is why there is all that nature around us! And then there is that whole other story of not getting attached to that even if we can see them at any time. Imagine trying to loose our attachment with the outer world getting attached to the inner world. That feels like from frying pan to fire! I am only thinking out loud here V sir. But I completely understand what you are saying V sir. I can barely quieten the mind for a minute before it jumps up reminding me of some pressing or frivolous task or thought! But I love this dance with thoughts and thoughtlessness thoroughly . The best I do is some yoga based on chakras every now and then and have no clue other than the calmness the breath brings to me but I am always trying dissociate myself from any experiences, not that I have many or even any!

Thank you for bringing us this write up though. The subject fascinates me and there is one book I am trying to read for sometime now - may be it is time to pick it up now and at least browse through it.

4 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,

nice cel to see you back in action.

Even as I read the beautiful description of the colorful garden, I knew that the Viswamitra that we are now familiar with is heading elsewhere through this garden and you proved me right!

Nice way to bring our thoughts to our inner garden laid so carefully by our Creator!
    The pictorials added by sister Saisakthi elaborates your words and much appreciated.

i am at the mercy of my ipad right now and am forced to keep my feed backs brief! Suffice to say I enjoyed this snippet.

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Sister Saisakthi,

SAIRAM,

Thank you for your first response to this post and for providing the picture of Chakras and the posture. My yoga practice and pranayama makes me think about it everyday thanking the Lord of the Universe.

Your first response is always very special.

With kind regards.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vishwa sir,
    No doubts, You are a profound philosopher..How silly me :bonkas I read the title and go with a flow I was imagining flower shows Switzerland..Later did I realise it was a flower show in our flower garden inside us.A thoughtful post..very informative..Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge sir..Beneficial for people like me..

2 people like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

I knew for certain that it would attract your attention immediately when I write about the nature and the flower garden. Honestly, I have to Google myself to find the right color flowers to match the garden.

Frankly, when you think of it, Microcosm and Macrocosm are no different and are true reflection of the Universal energy that emanates every minute part of the universe. Our inside consist of the same five elements called earth, water, air, fire and ether in the same composition that we see outside.

My elder brother Cheeniya and my sister-in-law with their unconditional love gifted "Theivathin Kural" (Teachings of Paramacharya) to me when I visited them in India in April 2013. In his teachings, he says that it is maya that makes us believe that everything that we see outside as real. Whether it is the flower garden inside or outside, all of them are reflection of the Truth which is one without a second. That is why we say Tat Tvam Asi (I AM THAT). That One without the second manifests into many forms and we differentiate all of them as independent entity whether they are inanimate or otherwise.

Whether we see the flower garden outside or inside, all of them are gifted to us and we are just holders in Trust. If we do Atmabhavam (Self-inquiry) we realize that we don't own anything and there is no point in getting attached to them. Whether it is spouse, children, wealth, health, etc. are all transient and gifted only for a period of time. The only thing that we need to seek is the Truth and Bliss. That is why every human being is seeking happiness in life. Unfortunately, we seek it outside of us when we have inherent Bliss inside of us. If we don't have Bliss inside, the desire to seek happiness will not arise. Every Jeeva has five sheeths known as Food, Vital-air, mental, intellectual and bliss and they are known in Sanskrit as Koshas Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vignanamaya and Anandamaya. If we can drop desires and attachments in a flash, we can delve easily in Gnana and Bliss. Unfortunately, our mind wanders all over the world and that is why we worship the Lord who is ever Gnanam and Blissful. We become what we think which is described in Sanskrit as "Yad Bhavam Tad Bhavati".

All these teachings are telling me only one single message. My mind wanders all over because of the actions I had done life after life. I have to do good deeds and develop good thoughts that will keep wiping my wandering at some point in time so that my worship of Lord turns out to be meditation on the universal energy. After that whether I live in the body or not, I will become Knowledge and Bliss.

I hope whatever I said above makes sense. Forgive me if it doesn't.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Kamla,

I am always happy to be among the elite members of the IL. Even though most welcome men in this Forum, a handful always wonder what these men are doing in a women's forum. The teachings I learned from the learned tells me that every being in this world is a female component and the universal energy that every being has is the only male component. Therefore, every being is a man and a woman.

You know me too well to know where I was going with the flower garden. My Yoga practices and meditation makes me delve so much into all these thoughts and I thought I might as well share it with my friends. I hope it makes sense.

Saisakthi brings so much energy, enthusiasm and purpose to the existence through many of her posts. She is one of the greatest assets this forum has and she is a Crown Jewel. Maintaining that inner garden with respect to the one who created it becomes one of he best ways one can worship the Creator.

I am glad you enjoyed this post. Your response brings happiness to me no matter whether it is brief or elaborate.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Dear Jasmine,

You have given me more credit than what I deserve and I am truly humbled by your words. Thank you for finding this post informative. It is the encouragement from people like you that makes me write more and more and makes me a better writer. The interaction with IL members is always very pleasant and it gives me joy to share whatever little I know with my fellow members. Keep reading my posts and share your valuable thoughts. It is a two way street and I learn more from each one of you than what you benefit out of my posts.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir,

Beautiful! Thanks for this amazing walkthrough into the garden of the mind.I caught on to it when I read the Orange section,that you could be referring to the Chakras. It is really amazing.I have always been fascinated by the rainbow(VIBGYOR).I remember those prism experiments at school. How the White light gets dispersed when passed through a prism and then the 7 colours merge if passed through another prism to form the white light-pure ,bright light ! I only wish it were that easy to achieve that within myself!

2 people like this.