Flower -86. “Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha.”

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Oct 17, 2013.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Flower -86. “Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha.”

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through"OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-86
    : “Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayana Namaha”.

Meaning: Humble salutation to Him, who embodies Truth, and Righteousness.(Shirdi Sai Trust).

Reflections:

We all understand Dharmaas religion, righteousness, or duty. But the attribute Dharma associated with the word is encompasses the order of any entity. Every atom in this manifestation of Brahmam, God or Guru has a Dharma. The Dharma of sun is to rise in the east, give light and heat and set by night. The Dharma of moon is to give light in the night and vanish once in a month and come again and wax to a full moon . The Dharma of stars is to appear in the night be at a distance from earth and twinkle and be fixed in the cosmic dome. The teacher, the shishya, the police, the criminal, the student, the husband the wife, the Guru, the doctor, the patient – every one one have a role to suit their definition and when they play that role they are ‘Dharmic’, otherwise they are ‘ adharmic’. But what is the Dharma for “Brahmam, God or Guru? The universal Self transcend the time and space.

Thus, while the manifestations cannot be truth or Satyam, the Brahmam, God or Guru is Satyam” or truth or eternal independent of time. The devotee,after experiencing the joys, sorrows, ups and downs of life and realises the temporary limited untruths of life ultimately differentiates, the one eternal permanent truth,the Brahmam, God or Guru. He sees the Brahmam, God or Guru in whatever form he identified as the embodiment of truth, the Dharma of his own self. He enjoys uninterrupted truth and permanent bliss on surrendering and identification.

Describing the first advent of Saibaba in Shirdi, Hemadpant writes in Ch 4 of Sai Satcharita:

“Lord Krishna says in Bhagvad Gita (Ch IV, 7-8), that, “Whenever there is a decay of Dharma(Righteousness) and ascendency of unrighteousness, I manifest Myself, for the protection of the virtuous and the destruction of the vicious; and for the establishment of righteousness, I manifest Myself age afterage”. This is the mission of the Lord and the sages and saints, who are His representatives, and who appear at appropriate times and work in their own way to fulfill the mission. For instance, when the twice born , i.e., Brahmins, Kshatriyas and the Vaishyas neglect their duties,and when the Shudras try to usurp the duties of other classes, when spiritual preceptors are not respected but humiliated, when nobody cares for religious instructions, when everybody thinks himself very learned, when people begin to partake of forbidden foods and intoxicating drinks, when under the cloak of religion people indulge in malpractices, when people belonging to different sects fight amongst themselves, when Brahmins fail to do Sandhya adorations, and the orthodox leave their religious practices, when yogis neglect their meditation, when people begin to think that, wealth, progeny, wife are their sole concern; and thus, turn away from the true path of salvation then, saints appear and try to set matters right by their words and actions.

They serve us as beacon lights and show us the path, and the right way for us to follow. In this way, many saints viz., Nivrutti,Dayandev, Muktabai, Namdev,Gora, Gonayi, Ekanath, Tukaram, Narahari, Narsi Bhai, Sajan Kasai, Sawata,Ramdas and various others did appear at various times to show the right path to the people, and so, the present advent came as Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. (Shri Sai SatCharita Ch:IV).

He manifested Himself to show us the Dharma of Unity of God and universality of Love for all beings. He is Satya Dharma Parayana.

2. rekhachennai

rekhachennai Senior IL'ite

Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha

Baba, bless us always

3. suryakala

Dear Rekhachennai,

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower-86- Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

May Baba bless you and your family and fulfil your wishes soon.

Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha.

4. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala sister,

Please forgive me for missing out on the Flowers these past few weeks. I really have no valid reason or excuse. BABA forgive me.

I agree HE manifested himself to show us the universality of love for all. If not for HIM how would so many of us who are from different backgrounds, different continents and different socioeconomic status and culture be bound together.

Om Sairam,

May HE bless you and your's in abundance.

Will catch up slowly,

Usha

5. suryakala

Dear Usha Sister,

Wishing you and your family A very Happy and Prosperous New Year2014.

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower-86- Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha to Baba this week.

It is exciting that the Flower on universal love has brought you back to this offering, from which I was missing you. When I recently visited Shirdi, the whole experience was full of Baba's love.

May Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Satya Dharma Parayanaya Namaha.