Flower -19. “Om Shri Sai Bhaktavana Samarthyaya Namaha.

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Jul 5, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri ShirdiSai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali.

Flower -19. “Om Shri Sai Bhaktavana Samarthyaya Namaha.”

Dear all,

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through "OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-19: “Om Shri Sai Bhaktavana Samarthyaya Namaha”.

Meaning: My humble salutation to the one who has the power to protect His devotees.

Reflections:

In all religions devotion and faith (Bhakthi) has been exalted as the way to happiness both during life and the life after death. Bhakthi can give peace to the disturbed mind. Bhakthi can boost the self confidence. Bhakthi can contribute to determination. Bhakthi can increase one’s capacity to sacrifice and can make one to sacrifice many things or even anything.

Bhakthi makes one to be truly devoted to the form of God one worships. The true devotee dedicates everything he experiences to the God to whom he is devoted to. He thus loses his “I” and realizes that He is guided by God. He realizes that he never walks alone.He is led by God or carried and cared by God as a mother takes care of the child.

Many of Baba’s devotees have experienced this protective nature of God. Baba took care of devotees even for small matters. On many occasions, Baba did not permit them to leave Shirdi,when they asked permission to go. On a few other occasions, He asked them to leave immediately for some reason. But in both the cases those who followed His instructions realized later that it was for their good, and Baba saved them from some unhappy events or for doing something which should have been done by them.

Mr. Nanasaheb Nimonkar, Watandar of Nimon and Honorary magistrate, was staying at Shirdi with his wife. Mr. and Mrs. Nimonkar were spending most of their time in the Masjid with Baba and serving Him. It so happened, that their son fell ill at Belapur and the mother decided, with Baba’s consent, to go to Belapur and see her son and the other relatives, and stay there for a few days, but Mr. Nanasaheb asked her to return the next day.The lady was in a fix and did not know, what to do, but her God Sai came to her help. While leaving Shirdi, she went to Baba, Who was standing in front of Sathe’s wada, with Nanasaheb and others, and prostrated at His feet and asked His permission to go. Baba said to her, “Go go quickly, be calm and unperturbed.Stay comfortably at Belapur for four days! See all your relatives and then return to Shirdi”. How opportune were Baba’s decree.

Once, Kaka Mahajani went to Shirdi from Mumbai. He wanted to stay there for one week for enjoying the ‘Gokul Ashtami’ festival. As soon as he took Baba’s darshan Baba asked him, “When are you returning home?” He was rather surprised at this question, but he had to give an answer. He said that he would go home, when He ordered him to do so. Then, Baba said,” Go tomorrow!”. Baba’s word was law and had to be obeyed. Kaka Mahajani, therefore,left Shirdi, immediately. When he went to his office in Mumbai, he found his employer anxiously waiting for him. His Munim, i.e., the manager, suddenly fell ill, hence, Kaka’s presence was absolutely necessary. He had sent a letter to Kaka at Shirdi, which was redirected to him at Mumbai.

He continuously watches His devotees and takes care of them with utmost love and care.

He protects His devotees.

Om Sai Ram.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Om Sri Sai Bhakthavana Samarthyaya Namaha:

Dear SK ma'am,
    Thank you for this beautiful flower offering for our Baba.

Many times, Baba had/would help me out from small problems to bigger problems.
    When worried or sad , Baba's message would be there to give me strength and energy.

I was waiting for today's flower ma'am.
    Let us have a blessed thursday.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Om Shri Sai Bhaktavana Samarthyaya Namaha

Joining you, suryakala sister in offering Flower 19 to Baba, Thank you Baba for being with us and guiding us. Om sairam

4. suryakala

Dear Bhargavi,

Thanks to Baba for encouraging me through you. I too had Baba's help on many occasions, whenever I prayed Him. I am very happy to know that you are joining me every week for offering the flower to Baba.

Om Sai Ram.

5. suryakala

Dear Saisakthi Sister,

Thanks to Baba for encouraging me through you. I am very happy that you always join me every Thursday without fail to offer the flower to Baba.

May Baba bless us all.

Om Sai Ram.

6. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

'Om Shri Sai Bhaktavana Samarthyaya Namaha' . Yes Baba cares and protects his devotees always. I realised this once again today. Thankyou for sharing this beautiful Asthotram. May Baba Bless everyone.
    Om Sai Shri Sai Jai Jai Sai.

7. suryakala

Dear Saktips,

Thanks for the visit.

Thanks to Baba for encouraging me through you.

Sai Baba's greatness is unfathomable, so are His wonderful Leelas. His life is also such, for He is Para-Brahma ( Amighty God) Incarnate.

Baba said," I always think of him, who remembers Me,I require no conveyance , carriage or train. I manifest Myself to him, who lovingly calls Me" and also Baba said," To keep My words, I would sacrifice my life, I would never be untrue to My words".

If you hear the Leelas of Sai daily, you will always see Him. Day and night you will remember Him in your Mind.

May Baba Bless and Guide us always.

Om Sai Ram.

8. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

"Om Sri Sai Bhakthavana Samarthyaya Namaha:"
    Thanks for sharing the Ashtothram...

9. suryakala

Dear Shruthisp,

Thanks to Baba for encouraging me through you.

Om Sai Ram.