Flower -17. “Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha.”

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Jun 21, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri ShirdiSai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Flower -17. “Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha.”

Dear all,

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through "OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-17: “Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha”.

Meaning: My humble salutation to the one who sustains and supports all living beings.

Reflections:

“I am the way, truth and the life. Unless, through me no one reaches God”. Jesus said once.

This is also the concept of seeking a Guru to find the truth, the Brahmam.

The manifestation of Brahmam is universe which contains life. What is the nature of the reflections of the sun in the millions of dew drops? There is one image of total sun in every one of them. Is the image false? No. It is a true image. It is brilliant. Is it not having heat? Yes, it is heating the drop. Is it real matter? No it is not a matter. Can’t it exist independently?No, it can’t. It is there because of Sun. Will it be there when the sun is not there? No, it will vanish.

Gnani’s say, Brahmam is like the Sun. Self in everybody is like the image of the sun in the dew drop. Self is the reflection of Brahmam. Self has the qualities of Brahmam. When sun is there the reflection is there. Brahmam is the cause of life. Brahmam is the basis of life.

Govindrao Raghunath Dhabolkar,( affectionately called Hemad Pant by Baba),started writing Sai Satcharita after getting permission from Baba during Baba’s life time and finished his great work after Baba’s Maha Samadhi.

It should have been difficult to write a book in those days. Even paper and pen should have been precious things to get. He wrote Shri Sai Satcharitain Marathi and was translated into English by N.V.Gunaji.

What inspired Hemad Pant to take up this task 100 years back?

Hemad Pant narrates an incident:

It was sometime after 1910 that I went, one fine morning, to the Masjid in Shirdi to have darshan of Sai Baba. I was wonder- struck to see the following phenomenon. After washing His mouth and face, Sai Baba began to make preparations for grinding wheat and started grinding the wheat. This news of Baba grinding wheat spread into the village. At once men and women ran to the Masjid and flocked there to see Baba’s act. Four bold women, from the crowd forced their way up and pushing Baba aside, forcibly took the peg or handle into their hands, and singing Baba’s Leelas started grinding. At first, Baba was enraged, but on seeing the women’s love and devotion, He was much pleased and began to smile. While singing they finished the grinding and after putting the hand-mill aside, they divided the flour into four portions and began to remove them by taking one portion per head. Baba, who was calm and quiet up till now, got wild and started abusing them saying “ Have I borrowed any wheat from you, so that you can safely take the flour? Now, do this! Take the flour and throw it on the village borders!” On hearing this, the women felt abashed and whispering among themselves, went to the outskirts of the village and spread the flour, as directed by Baba.

I asked the Shirdi people,”What was this that Baba did? They replied that, as cholera epidemic was spreading in the village this was Baba’s remedy for the same; it was not wheat, that was ground, but cholera itself was to pieces and pushed out of the village. From this time onward, the cholera epidemic subsided and the people of the village were happy.

What earthly connection was there between wheat flour and cholera? What was the casual relation between the two, and how to reconcile them? The incident seems to be inexplicable. I should write something on this and sing to my heart’s content Baba’s sweet Leelas,thinking in this way about this Leela, my heart filled with joy and I was thus,inspired to write Baba’s life- The Sai Satcharita.”

Kabir Das said to his Guru,Nipatniranjan,” I am weeping because I feel the agony of being crushed in this wheel of worldly existence like the corn in the hand mill”.

Nipatniranjan replied, “ Do not be afraid; hold fast to the handle of knowledge of this mill, as I do, and do not wander far away from the same but turn inward to the centre and you are sure to be saved”. Shri Sai Sat Charita Ch: 1).

In the small village called Shirdi, Baba showed what He does for the universe. He is Jeevadhaaraaya, the protector. We are there, like the Sun’s image in the dew drops because of Him.He is the basis of all life in this universe.

Om Sai Ram.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha

Joining you dear Suryakala Sister in offering Flower 17 to thy holy feet, May Baba bless all of us always.

Om sai sri sai jaya jaya sai

3. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Thankyou for sharing a wonderful message.
    Om Sai Ram Shri Sai Ram Jai Jai Sai Ram.

4. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

"Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha"

Om Shri SaiRam!

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Me too joining with you in offering flower to Baba...

OM SHRI SAI JEEVADHAARAAYA NAMAHA

OM SAI RAM
    OM SAI RAM
    OM SAI RAM

Shanti

6. suryakala

Dear Saisakthi Sister,

Thanks to Baba for encouraging me through you.

Om Sai Ram.

7. suryakala

Dear Saktips,

Om Sai Ram.

8. suryakala

Dear Shruthisp,

"Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraaya Namaha".

Om Sai Ram..

9. suryakala

Dear Shashiv,

Om Sai Ram.

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai SK,

[JUSTIFY]Me too very staunch devotee of SHIRDI SAI. going to complete next thurday 9th week sai vradh. If i want to see HIM in any posture what i feel HE will APPEAR
    in front me. One incidence happened one week before in my office, One big box was kept near admin personnel place and i did not even touch also. Suddenly i was thinking about one client and the file was on the top of it.I took the file and i saw some plastic folders and informed my admn personnel to use and I saw two photos of SAI one pose of sai is SHIRDI PHOTO and another one is HIS DWARKAMAI SITTING POSTURE. My admin personnel told me immediately SAI IS CHASING YOU MOM. I said yes. My happiness could not expressed my dear,
    OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI OM SAI​
    [/JUSTIFY]