Flaxseeds or linseeds...help in infertility - any idea?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vshetty, Jul 19, 2007.

1. vshetty

vshetty New IL'ite

hiii,
    i wanted to know if anyone knows anything regarding flaxseeds.i have heard its very good for a number of heath related reasons including infertility etc... but i would greatly appreciate if anyone can add anything they know on this.... thank you.

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: flaxseeds or linseeds.. any idea??

Flaxseeds contain omega-3-acid and omega-6-acids, which are "good" fats. These omega-fatty-acids are also found in fish such as salmon, but if your are vegetarian, then flaxseeds are a good source. Other vegetarian sources include walnuts and leafy green vegetables. It helps with all sorts of body functions including blood pressure, cholesterol, weight loss and infertility. It has helped me greatly also with dry skin.

Flaxseeds come whole, ground into a flour and in a liquid form, as well as in capsules. Easiest thing to do is to buy the ground flax seeds and add them to your chappatti flour. But is best taken in liquid form when it is combined with evening primrose and borage oil if taking for fertility purposes.

I bought the liquid form from Whole Foods. It comes in a dark bottle that has to be refrigerated. You take a teaspoon daily. It tasted horrible so I make sure and drink a big glass of water immediately following.

One good article is What is flax seed oil and what are the benefits?

Hope this helps.

3. simkat3

simkat3 New IL'ite

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 95687" valign="top"><tr title="Post 95687" valign="top"><td class="alt2" align="center" width="125">Happysoul1234</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>First of all thank you for the information. I have a couple of questions for you: when you bought the flax see liquid form did it have the evening primrose and borage oil? or did you have to buy that separate? also, how do you know how much we should take?